Bargain of the century........

Guys, I was going to keep this little gem to myself, but unfortunately I can't get to the sellers anytime soon. As you will see from the link the guy is offering not only a complete front and rear brake set up from an R32, but also the suspension for, imo a silly price of £495.

It gets better, I spoke with him last night and he said he had agreed a price of £275 for just the front brakes, apparently someone was going up next weekend to collect. He then said and I quote "if the guy turns up he can have the lot" obviously I was a bit shocked but confirmed that he would be selling everything you see for £275!! I immediately asked for 2nd dibs, to which he said "its first come first served mate, if you get up he before him its yours"...........

So anyone near Northampton that wants the bargain of the century?????

Should have gone to spec savers......

It's almost to good to be true, but looking at the sellers feedback and he's been registered since 2002!

I blame my phone

Can someone fill me in on what's so good about these? I've seen R32 and VRS mentioned a few times togther before but haven't looked into it any further. Bigger calipers and discs I take it? Are they worth the upgrade?

I'm changing mine soon but was thinking OEM discs with DS2500 pads....

Edited by weyland

Can someone fill me in on what's so good about these? I've seen R32 and VRS mentioned a few times togther before but haven't looked into it any further. Bigger calipers and discs I take it? Are they worth the upgrade?

I'm changing mine soon but was thinking OEM discs with DS2500 pads....

The R32 set up is the same as the mk2 Cupra and Audi S3 (8P). Basically they are bigger discs and although they are only single piston this and the calipers are also bigger.

vRS fronts - 312mm v R32 fronts - 345mm

vRS rears - 288mm v R32 rears 312mm iirc.

I find the standard set up on the vRS to be adequate, however I have it on good authority that the R32 brakes are far superior and a worthwhile upgrade. And as a wiseman once said - its better to have more brakes than you need, than need more brakes than you have.....or something like that! :giggle:

The reason the set I have linked is such a bargain is you would expect to pay between £250 and £500 depending on condition of anchillaries for just the fronts.