Is it worth it........

richie

(Continued) Issues with the rear wash wipe, even though the garage have replaced the motor and assure me it will never happen again..... I'm comitting to keeping the car for at least another 12 months, so covering all angles realy.

i suppose another relevant question is what does the extended warranty cover? Same as the original? Any exclusions now the car is a bit older? Also worth tapping into the experience of owners of similar cars - what problems have they had at similar age/mileage? Mk2 cars seem to suffer from abs or traction control module failure, but for all I know that might have been resolved by the time yours was built.

According to the sales person, the extended warranty will cover 100% the same as the standard 3 year one...... I did extend the warranty on my mk1 vRS and had 2 claims that were rejected by a main dealer!!

My vRS is a September 2008 58 plate.

I did extend the warranty on my mk1 vRS and had 2 claims that were rejected by a main dealer!!

What were those claims? I think I'd be telling the salesman "no way, last time I extended the warranty my claims were rejected anyway"

I didn't extend mine on the golf and then the air con unit failed at 3 years and 2 months.

Quoted cost to replace was nearly £1200.

Someone then told me to ask the dealer for some goodwill as I'd likely to be buying a new golf again and they would probably want the air con working when I part exd, etc.

So dealer emailed vw and they agreed it shouldn't of failed this early and agreed to supply the new unit and all parts for free. The dealer also agreed to do the work for free. All I had to pay for was the air con re-gas, about £50.

What were those claims? I think I'd be telling the salesman "no way, last time I extended the warranty my claims were rejected anyway"

1st issue was an ignition coil and the other I can't remember :think: To be fair, the 1st warranty was with a different dealer to the one I'm speaking to now, so things may be better.... who knows??

DSG or manual?

A DSG mechatronic unit failure will cost well over 1K to replace, so if it is a DSG, to me it's a no brainer.

How many DSG failures have there been reported on here?

NB: I'm not trying to be funny, it is a genuine question!

TBH not many on Briskoda, however go onto Audi and Golf forum's and it's a different story altogether (probably because there are more VW's and Audi's than Skoda's with DSG?)

Decided not to extend the warranty. I've got break down cover from the t'internet though. The way I see it is there's a chap who's mobile a mechanic who lives next door, or I'll use the independant VAG garage in Wrotham. ( seperate thread in Tuners and Workshops for Youngs Garage. )