HELP THE YETI IS NOW AN OCTAVIA

devon sparky

Perhaps rebuilding is the quicker option, depending on the supply of replacement gearboxes your car could be off the road for a couple of months. Rebuilding is usually a lot quicker, especially if its just replacing a gasket which should be straightforward.

Could also be that the dealer wants to take the easy replacement route, perhaps because they may have to pay out for another company or dealer to rebuild the box.

emoticon-0106-crying.gif to here things are not well with your monster.

Perhaps as mannyo suggests your dealer has not got the facilities or trained staff to rebuild the box. Many of the main dealer techs these days are more used to changing components not rebuilding fairly major assemblies :S Would also doubt they would have the pristine working enviroment you get at the factory assembly shop.

Merlinman probably has a good point; threaten to reject as you have a very sound case, if they don't repair it in the way you want.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction,

TP

emoticon-0106-crying.gif to here things are not well with your monster.

Perhaps as mannyo suggests your dealer has not got the facilities or trained staff to rebuild the box. Many of the main dealer techs these days are more used to changing components not rebuilding fairly major assemblies :S Would also doubt they would have the pristine working enviroment you get at the factory assembly shop.

Merlinman probably has a good point; threaten to reject as you have a very sound case, if they don't repair it in the way you want.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction,

TP

thanks for the replies. at the moment the dealer wants to replace the gearbox as to strip it would need

new bearings and reshimming. I want either a new box or new car. I have the option to reject it but we really like

the car and having waited 9 months for it how long to get another one?

hi everyone

The oil leak from our yeti turns out to be the gearbox. Its A faulty gasket from new.

The dealer wants to replace the gearbox but skoda uk want to rebuild it.

As the car has only done 300 miles i would appreciate your views.

Would defiantly not have it repaired NEW box at least & make sure it is a new box & not a factory recon @ 300 miles it must have had leak from build. Skoda should not even think about repair .Ring customer relations and if need be threaten to return vehicle as not fit for purpose. This is a new car. Have been in the trade for over 30 years and to be honest I find this shocking from a manufacture.

Would defiantly not have it repaired NEW box at least & make sure it is a new box & not a factory recon @ 300 miles it must have had leak from build. Skoda should not even think about repair .Ring customer relations and if need be threaten to return vehicle as not fit for purpose. This is a new car. Have been in the trade for over 30 years and to be honest I find this shocking from a manufacture.

thanks kasha done all what you have said but skoda uk want to strip the box.

Im shocked as well winners of driver power and all.

i can reject the car but what then no yeti. skoda uk will definately be getting major publicity out of this.

thanks kasha done all what you have said but skoda uk want to strip the box.

Im shocked as well winners of driver power and all.

i can reject the car but what then no yeti. skoda uk will definately be getting major publicity out of this.

I would start with letters to Top Gear and to Honest John, copies of each to Skoda UK. Local TV could be interested re this case going against the JD Power Survey results.

Had same problem with my 2008 Octavia 1.8 TSI within 500 miles. It went in to my local dealer where they changed the gasket and reassembled. Car has now done 48k miles and no problems since. :thumbup:

I would start with letters to Top Gear and to Honest John, copies of each to Skoda UK. Local TV could be interested re this case going against the JD Power Survey results.

I think that it is probably too soon for the nuclear option. You should get them to fix the car in accordance with the warranty. They should provide a suitable loan vehicle and you should make plain that their choice of fix is their responsibility. It does not sound as though there are any signs of gearbox failure or catastrophic leakage. If there is a gasket fault the appropriate fix is to replace it. If like the last poster you go on to 48k of trouble free motoring you will look back on this as an irritation.

If the fault is grave and not fixed by gasket replacement then you might well have cause for alarm.

I think that it is probably too soon for the nuclear option. You should get them to fix the car in accordance with the warranty. They should provide a suitable loan vehicle and you should make plain that their choice of fix is their responsibility. It does not sound as though there are any signs of gearbox failure or catastrophic leakage. If there is a gasket fault the appropriate fix is to replace it. If like the last poster you go on to 48k of trouble free motoring you will look back on this as an irritation.

If the fault is grave and not fixed by gasket replacement then you might well have cause for alarm.

i can see the dilemma.

if the OP lets the gearbox / gasket be repaired then he has in effect accepted the car and would be unable to reject the car at a later date if the fault persists.

unless... he gets it in writing that he is prepared to accept the dealer making ONE attempt to repair the fault and if this does not succeed he will have the right to refuse the vehicle as not fit for purpose.

i would also have a talk with trading standards and see if they can advise.

hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction

clive

My Volvo V50 had an annoying buzz in gears 5 and 6 at cruising speed since new. The gearbox functioned fine apart from notchy which is a poor characteristic of this 'box. Gear cables and linkages were changed early in the cars life and at the 36000m service(18m old) the local Volvo dealer(not the one I purchased from) Lloyds in Carlisle fitted a new box under warranty, no quibbles from Volvo Uk and on moaning a bit to their customer services the nex service will be provided free and £250 vouchers were forthcoming.

Problem is now solved. I have not had a Volvo before and mine is the base model so think this pretty good service by Volvo.

I do think most of it down to having the dealer on side.

Just a comparison if anyone is interested.

Edited by loskie

My Volvo V50 had an annoying buzz in gears 5 and 6 at cruising speed since new. The gearbox functioned fine apart from notchy which is a poor characteristic of this 'box. Gear cables and linkages were changed early in the cars life and at the 36000m service(18m old) the local Volvo dealer(not the one I purchased from) Lloyds in Carlisle fitted a new box under warranty, no quibbles from Volvo Uk and on moaning a bit to their customer services the nex service will be provided free and £250 vouchers were forthcoming.

Problem is now solved. I have not had a Volvo before and mine is the base model so think this pretty good service by Volvo.

I do think most of it down to having the dealer on side.

Just a comparison if anyone is interested.

thanks for all the advice.

skoda uk still insist on stripping the gear box.The dealer and me are insisting on a new gearbox.

I can obviously reject the car but we love the car and what would we do then no car and an eight month wait again!

also does anyone have an e nail for someone high up in skoda uk

many thanks

pete davey

Yup, I do. Give me 2 mins a to find it.....

Edit... Here ya go...

Shelly Lynch, Customer Relations Manager - Executive Office | Customer Service

ŠkodaAuto UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA

Tel: +44 (0)845 7745745 | fax: +44 (0)844 8267855

[email protected]|www.skoda.co.uk|www.skoda-auto.com

And this...

Robert Hazelwood is the CEO of Skoda UK

[email protected]

Edit... Here ya go...

And this...

[email protected]

many thanks cfb e mail is on its way to the ceo

• 1 month later...

Edit... Here ya go...

And this...

[email protected]

But the e mail address they give for customer service doesn't even work. The Executive Office can't even get their own e mail address right! What completely useless customer service.

Try [email protected] or [email protected] instead - at least they actually work.

Or go direct to [email protected] as suggested.