K04 or new car?

Sell up or K04  

24 members have voted

1. 1. K04 or a change of car

• K04
    • Change of car
    • Stay at Stage 2+ and don't be silly!

You're finally doing it then Mart - well done mate emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I think so, are you going to join me Tim B)

Looking forward to seeing the results B)

I won't be fitting it till after christmas sometime which should give me enough time to find all the other bits I need.

Welcome to the elite club ;)

I think it will be the wheel spin club in my case :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have most of the bolt ons already then you only need this + software:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/Turbo/ES263849/

But i heard that it runs quite well without aoftware and no faultcodes!.

Is this really all you need?

What about injectors?

Well I have just got back from picking up the following:

Turbo

Injectors

Turbo inlet pipe

Turbo outlet pipe

Dv relocation

Just need the following parts and I'm sorted :).

An S3 air pipe for the Dv relocation kit to join to.

Dv wiring extension

K04 remap

and a few washers and seals.

:thumbup:

If you have most of the bolt ons already then you only need this + software:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/Turbo/ES263849/

But i heard that it runs quite well without aoftware and no faultcodes!.

You need the DV relocation kit and air pipe to throttle body and maybe a new pipe to join onto the intercooler. Yes you can run a k04 on stage 2+ k03 software but it will be fairly slow as your still running the same boost. There are very few companies doing software for just the turbo, IMO you may as well spend the extra and buy the injectors so you can tune to the turbos full potential.

You need the DV relocation kit and air pipe to throttle body and maybe a new pipe to join onto the intercooler. Yes you can run a k04 on stage 2+ k03 software but it will be fairly slow as your still running the same boost. There are very few companies doing software for just the turbo, IMO you may as well spend the extra and buy the injectors so you can tune to the turbos full potential.

The TSI does not need injectors, the TFSI however does.

I am not a fan of the K04 on the TFSI engine, it makes it less punchy in the low/mid rpm range.

The new turbo fitted on the 2011+ GTI's is an IHI and is slightly bigger than the K03 and seems to be a great compromise, does the newer VRS's use this IHI turbo?.

You will hardly notice 250rpm anyway, everything else about the KO4 turbo outweighs all the cons. The best mod i ever did. If you're keeping the car for a while it's worth doing it. Believe it or not a Revo stage 3 is more economical than a Revo stage 2+( KO3) I would never go back to KO3. If my next car is a new vRS i'll have a KO4 turbo under my bed ready before the car is delivered :p

• 1 month later...

I didn't hear it i've seen the turbo on both cars (having owned both).

Maybe it's just the physical size that is smaller :)

Its physically smaller Carl, but its more efficient apparently, one of the reasons (along with the better fueling) that the 2.0 TSI maps so well emoticon-0103-cool.gif

I think 280bhp and a diff would be a better bet than 330+ bhp? (that said 330bhp and a diff sounds good)

a few years ago I ran a holden HSV charger as daily transport.... 530bhp 500lb/ft - just as fast as a 340bhp n/a one as traction was errr very 'limited' be it dry or wet.

same as on my current tweaked gta alfa - 263bhp without a ATB might as well be diesel focus performance....

atb diff is an absolute transformation if you want to use the power you have. My only issue is getting a brand new car and ripping the gearbox apart to get the diff out.... defies logic (and warranty) but i think i'd have to do it as the difference really is night and day in a fwd car. Adding £1500 t0 £1700 to a new car also hurts the idea of a bargain performance estate.

Martin, I am disappointed you didn't pounce on the complete K04 kit on the mkv forum....... :'(

And store it for me! :p

Just found a complete Cupra K1 engine on eBay from a 2008 car, (A/C pump and gearbox excluded) but the seller wants £2500!!! :o:o:o

Or this is another option? :thumbup::giggle:

Martin, I am disappointed you didn't pounce on the complete K04 kit on the mkv forum....... :'(

Just found a complete Cupra K1 engine on eBay from a 2008 car, (A/C pump and gearbox excluded) but the seller wants £2500!!! :o:o:o

Yeah I would have but I only have room in my garage for one setup :D It was a absolute steal though :yes:

You should have bought it and gone straight from stage 1 to stage 3 bypassing stage 2, it would only be another £450 on top of the map change you were going to buy anyway

Would love to see that engine in a FWD car!

Yeah I would have but I only have room in my garage for one setup :D It was a absolute steal though :yes:

You should have bought it and gone straight from stage 1 to stage 3 bypassing stage 2, it would only be another £450 on top of the map change you were going to buy anyway

+ the new clutch, LSD and divorce settlement, because swmbo would definitely kick me out, I still haven't told her that I remapped her Golf!!! :S