What would you replace your MK1 VRS with?

I have often thought the same thing!

I have looked at Audi's, Golf's, etc and none of them really appeal enough to own (apart from the mk4 R32). Also where I live I hardly ever see another vRS, so its rarer too. The look on other drivers faces when they are not expecting a Skoda to keep up is priceless B)

It will be a difficult decision the afternoon when I find out whether my second turbo is kaput. I love the car, but am getting fed up with turbo issues, so one half of me is saying get rid :(

I have often thought the same thing!

I have looked at Audi's, Golf's, etc and none of them really appeal enough to own (apart from the mk4 R32). Also where I live I hardly ever see another vRS, so its rarer too. The look on other drivers faces when they are not expecting a Skoda to keep up is priceless B)

It will be a difficult decision the afternoon when I find out whether my second turbo is kaput. I love the car, but am getting fed up with turbo issues, so one half of me is saying get rid :(

Therein lies the problem mate. I cant think of anything which would provide as much fun coupled with the running costs.

Maybe a Fiat Abarth....???? Civic Type-R? GT-TDi?

My head hurts thinking about it...

We already have a weekend car. I suppose we could run the VRS into the ground and upgrade the weekend car to a genuine high end sportscar (R8, 911, Fezza etc). The costs of running the VRS would offset the costs of the weekend car i suppose..

Audi S5, TT-RS etc.. great fun but I cancelled my order for the latter because I worked out that two years depreciation would buy me a new top spec Yeti outright. And to get a decent spec it's £7k in options. They don't even include parking sensors or crusie control. WTF?

I also like the new A6 avant with the new 3.0 diesel. Big estate car with 4wd and 0-62mph in 6 seconds. Again, crazy price compared to a Skoda though. 42k plus options again.

I'm going to keep the VRS for fun and get a new Yeti. :yes:

Saves me borrowing the wifes Yeti and I can get a 4x4 one for a bit of softroading.

To be honest I find most regular cars rather boring and mundane or overpriced money pits, so replacing it would be very difficult.

And a fast looking car is nothing special. But a diesel Skoda 5 door hatchback that can blow away cars triple the price is much more amusing. :thumbup:

I also went down in power from a 240bhp ibiza cupra but gained massively in economy!

The only car that interests me which I'm hoping I can get in a couple of years is a mk5 golf ed30 with dsg, the power gains from a bit of tuning are amazing and got a real soft spot with the subtle looks of it.

Now if I had a daily driver it would definitely be an evo 9 that would be sitting in my garage for weekend fun!

A Megane 250 Cup, with the smaller 18" aren't bad, especially as Renault have actually managed to make a decent feeling and looking interior for once.

0-60mph in 5.9 secs standard!!! you know you want to!

The only car that interests me which I'm hoping I can get in a couple of years is a mk5 golf ed30 with dsg, the power gains from a bit of tuning are amazing and got a real soft spot with the subtle looks of it.

Got to admit I am a fan of the edition 30 aswell. Also like the mk6 golf gti.

Well I have recently changed from my fab to a megane r26 which I am very happy with and wouldn't look back,

My options were r32, Mazda 3 mps or the r26

I didn't feel I got a decent age and mileage r32 for what I wanted to pay. The Mazda looked boring. So I chose the r26 brembos LSD and recaros as standard. I love it

Just traded my vRS SE in for a Subaru Impreza, was considering golf R32 and Audi S3 as wanted an AWD incase we have snow again and for the extra grip.

If you want to get to work in the snow you really need to consider if a rear wheel drive is worth having to take annual leave for.

The tax and fuel economy will be hit with the new motor compared to the Fabia.

Well I have recently changed from my fab to a megane r26 which I am very happy with and wouldn't look back,

My options were r32, Mazda 3 mps or the r26

I didn't feel I got a decent age and mileage r32 for what I wanted to pay. The Mazda looked boring. So I chose the r26 brembos LSD and recaros as standard. I love it

My mate has a MPS and it's the nuts, MPS has a LSD as standard too, it's fast as ****

My mate has a MPS and it's the nuts, MPS has a LSD as standard too, it's fast as ****

There were some standard MPS on the last track day I did. New ones being shown off by Mazda to invited customers.

They were pretty nippy considering they were new and the drivers were novices.

I'd rather have one of those over the Renault any day. It may be a good car, but I just couldn't be seen in a Renault with that "shakin that a$$" shape rear end.

But for that kind of performance from the box I'd really have to get something all wheel drive. Otherwise you're never going to be able to increase the launch that much with mods and you'll still get mullered when it rains/snows/etc...

I think selling it would be a difficult decision to make for me.

It might have the aerodynamics of a brick, but its a real grower. Love it for its capability, frugality and ability to make any drive fun.

Contenders for me include the following

- Audi A3/A4 Quattro Tdi

- MKV Golf GTi

Out of the two contenders, there is only one winner :)

I've thought about Edition 30 Golf (think they'll hold their value and look much better than a standard MKV Golf GTi - the only thing going against it is I'd still prefer a supermini-size car), Abarth 500 (like them but I'm too old now to get away with driving one - also heard Abarth parts are eye-watering - £400 for front discs and pads - that's on the Punto, but wouldn't imagine the 500 will be any cheaper), 6n3 Polo GTi (the cheap option but binned that idea - if they'd sold the Cup here then I could definitely have seen myself buying one) and MKII Fabia vRS (like the Q car look but still need to be convinced on the gearbox and possibly the engine).

Might just keep on keepin' on in the MKI vRS.

I really want a Mazda 3 MPS, considered getting dripped up on one so many times and selling the fab, but insurance where I live is horrendous (~£1700) so I'm going to wait until I move house perhaps and have another think then.

Also quite want a Mk4 R32 (got to be Mk4), Megane 250, or older Audi S4; V8 twin turbo and you can pick them up for less than 4 grand, whats not to like...