BMW i8

Reavenger

BMW i8 from Autocar

Looks very impressive. Must admit, if they get anywhere close to the economy figures I'll be shocked. For a 'concept' car, it's quite close to production. The figures in short:

With 220bhp and 221lb ft of torque, the new petrol unit operates in combination with a 129bhp, 184lb ft electric motor for an overall output of 349bhp and 405lb ft.
BMW puts the i8’s combined economy at 104mpg, giving it average CO2 emissions of just 66g/km.
BMW quotes a 0-62mph time of 4.6sec – making it a remarkable 0.3sec faster up the strip than the M3 coupé.

Not quite revolutionary but damn near close. :thumbup:

• 3 years later...

Was following one of these up the M5/6 today (it was on a trailer).

It looked lovely (for a BMW), especially the cut outs above the rear lights.

I'd drive one for sure.

So last year, my mate had the 1st in the UK almost a year ago, now up for sale circa £100K 

Mental car but not as frugal as claimed, the noise is great but it's fake. 

He's moaning as he's left it too long, should have outed it 6 mths ago, and they are all white, we did tell him to get the blue but he had to have white, blue would mean he made his money back.

White is the I8 clit model.

So last year, my mate had the 1st in the UK almost a year ago, now up for sale circa £100K

Mental car but not as frugal as claimed, the noise is great but it's fake.

He's moaning as he's left it too long, should have outed it 6 mths ago, and they are all white, we did tell him to get the blue but he had to have white, blue would mean he made his money back.

White is the I8 clit model.

?

I've seen a few dark ones but no white ones up in footballer country

I've got it ass backwards I guess I shouldn't post whilst queuing for my lunch.

The panels are actually white with black bits holding it all together same as the silver but you wouldn't notice it so much on the black. Have a look it'll make more sense.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bmw+i8&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9Ek5VZ3mA8LuaqzYgegF&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=640

• Like 1

I do like them. One of the few BMWs that look half decent ATM. (6 series being the other.)

The new 7 is very carbon-fibrey too, so I guess that maybe based on the same manufacture technology as the i3/i8?

I think you'll be waiting a while. It's like a carbon fibre bathtub. You have to climb over the sill which is about a foot deep to get into it. It's not a traditional car in the chassis sense. Well in any sense really.