Trade Union 'Day of Action'

Goaty

I think a lot of them on here now are failed trolls from the junior Taxpayer's Alliance saloon bar.

Nick

Nick,

where is the money going to come from and who are you going to vote for that will take it off those who have it and give it to you?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick,

where is the money going to come from and who are you going to vote for that will take it off those who have it and give it to you?

Something the unions have not thought about when they say tax the rich, is that they are killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

I'm paying far too much tax as a percentage of earnings and pay far more than I get out over a year.

I don't mind helping those having a hard time, but this is getting silly now.

My pension doesn't exist, my wages have not gone up for years, it's all pretty hard in private sector land.

They take another chunk of my money and I go from being pay cheque to pay cheque, to being negative every month.

The moment that happens is the moment I look at the options I've got and leave the UK, be that to europe or elsewhere.

If I leave then they get zero tax from me, and if enough people do that, they get a much smaller tax take and then the cuts to benefits/pensions/public workers will be much harder.

The poor nurse in her £310K house, will barely be able to buy a nearly new car every 2 years.

and we all know that the ONS talks bowlocks, don't we. They say that the average wage is £25k. I get nothing like that.

So when one body says we are not making as much as we expected that's ok.

When a similar body says you earn X, they must be lying?

Give me a break. IMHO they don't have a leg to stand on and the sooner they get the short shrift they deserve the better.

If they keep this up, I think all improved offers should be withdrawn due to the cost of the strikes to the tax payer.

On behalf of the Junior Taxpayers Alliance,

This is where 30 years of entitlement gets you

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15197860

The poor nurse in her £310K house, will barely be able to buy a nearly new car every 2 years.

The little green giant is well out of his jar today !

Are we not suffering from a little "Value blindness" in the same way that an OAP with a working life and values in the 1950s might think that the minimum wage today was a fortune.

You can't tell how the family came by that house (£310,000 not excessive for a house today in the SE) on a combined income of £40,000 (Not excessive by todays standards) it may have been the imprudent (Deliberate ?) action of a global banker granting a mortgage multiple in excess of x3 income, it may have been inherited. Replacing a £5,000 car (secondhand ?) every two years - every two years might be excessive, but given my recent experience with consumer goods some of them might not be designed to last longer than that.

On the other hand though, Association footballers earning £40,000 a day IMHO obscene. Bankers bonuses of £0.5m unecessary and unwarranted.And, silence.

I've noticed that BBC news coverage is becoming more than a little partial against the working man - and has been doing a fair amount of a*se crawling with celebrity culture - of course that may not be real politics at work, just bureaucrats going with the perceived flow.

Old Attenborough on the Frozen Planet dooda was saying that UK was over consuming the planet's resources by a factor of x 2 and the USA by x 4.

So that observation would apply to all of us, rich and poor, not just public sector workers.

I think we all need to wind our necks in a bit.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

Unless you've ever seen a troll with a comb over, I do not have enough hair to be a troll.

Actually my next play was going to be that to get from here to wherever we wish to be requires at best increased competition for resources and at worst a large reduction in the use of resources. The examples I posted illustrated the abundance of things we all feel entitled to. Alas the current method for providing it is not sustainable.

At the heart of the matter I am broadly sympathetic to their position but not why they claim. Also the default fall back for the unions of vote labour would be the ultimate facepalm. The public sector needs to wake up.

Woman on TV saying they have to work longer and that the private sector people all get paid more, so it's only fair that they pay towards her pension because she gets paid less.

These people are truly delusional. I believe they really need to wake up, stop taking what the unions are telling them on face value and research it a bit.

Personally I think if it's proven beyond reasonable doubt that a union is misleading it's staff in order to get a strike, that they should be held liable for the costs of the strike to the employer. It's harsh, but some are outright lying to their members.

Ok, so close the pension scheme for both sides. Net result, we all get taxed more because we'll expect the state to provide in any event and Dave's lot are already saying it's not affordable. Then what ? Personally, my £2 or 3k a year pension will get me diddly squat anyway around 2028.

I've not read comments but i wouldn't like it if i was told to work longer, pay more into my pension and not get back even what i paid in. Not everyone in the public sector has fancy houses and big pay packets to afford it, and the fact that people think they do just shows how little they know. Im in the private sector but i support the strikes. Plus i think the government have turned the public against the strikers. Very naughty x

I've not read comments but i wouldn't like it if i was told to work longer, pay more into my pension and not get back even what i paid in. Not everyone in the public sector has fancy houses and big pay packets to afford it, and the fact that people think they do just shows how little they know. Im in the private sector but i support the strikes. Plus i think the government have turned the public against the strikers. Very naughty x

With respect, if you had bothered to read up on it a little, however you would have found out that whatever they have put in already they will be getting back exactly as they put in.

Truth from the unions would help, but the pension on offer is one that most people would have to make huge payments into a pension fund (20-25% of wages) to get such a package. These people are putting in less than 10% and complaining still.

It also doesn't help that the news is covering it and rather than researching are just reporting what is said verbatim as fact.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Wouldn't that be Embankment Gardens ? Don't want any of you custodians of law and order pitching-up at the wrong location and wondering "What do we do next ?"

I won't be on the march cause I'm off sick at the moment :giggle:

Do remember to take time to take in the sights:-

http://www.pcs.org.uk/

And we'd love to see any clicky-pics you take during the proceedings - I'm sure there will be plenty. :rofl:

Nick

Spelling isn't my strong point.... :doh:

Anyhoo, it was all peacefull on my area. It did kick off with the Occupy London lot... I'm sure the Met Police dealt with them accordingly........... with a big stick :p

Woman on TV saying they have to work longer and that the private sector people all get paid more, so it's only fair that they pay towards her pension because she gets paid less.

These people are truly delusional. I believe they really need to wake up, stop taking what the unions are telling them on face value and research it a bit.

Personally I think if it's proven beyond reasonable doubt that a union is misleading it's staff in order to get a strike, that they should be held liable for the costs of the strike to the employer. It's harsh, but some are outright lying to their members.

I wonder if it was the same woman I mentioned earlier.

Also, if 1.6m public sector workers were out today, how many are there in total. Just wondering the percentage, as everything on local and national news suggests less than 40% were striking.

If you don't like the terms of your employment, change jobs or go self employed, thus making your old job available for someone who really wants it and who is prepared to actually do it rather than going on strike at the taxpayers' expense.

Well at least that will keep Bob Crow's pension up to decent standard.

Bob Crow is worth every penny to his members as are the other union leader of the PCS, Unison etc. Far more so than the leader of the banks etc.

Edited by lol

Just how well support was this day of inaction - our bins were emptied and I had no trouble in making 4 seperate phone calls to various Govt. department during the course of my working day.

How many actually believed in the strike and how many just saw it as an excuse for a day off (and will realise come pay day that they are out of pocket)

Bob Crow is worth every penny to his members as are the other union leader of the PCS, Unison etc. Far more so than the leader of the banks etc.

Bob crow makes each of his "staff" less money than the head of a bank.

Bob crow also lives off this union members and the tax payer. His salary and perks are up there with the fatest of the fat cats.

Don't kid yourself for a second that he's in it for anyone other than himself. The strikes are there for a political point and to stick it to anyone who doesn't believe in the workers comrade.

He'll have to when the public sector stop full-time paid union reps and tighten up the strike legislation.

Thanks to the likes of Bob and Dave Prentis

Anyone see Clarkson?

BBC Article

Problem is who would pay for the bullets.

This strike shows, that there are still people who get paid six figure salaries and large pensions telling other people who earn much less than them how to run their lives.

Anyone see Clarkson?

BBC Article

This strike shows, that there are still people who get paid six figure salaries and large pensions telling other people who earn much less than them how to run their lives.

They do make me laugh. Clarkson said something (as usual) that embaressed the BBC, but it was clearly not serious. Or do the unions think he really wants people shot? :dull:

They do make me laugh. Clarkson said something (as usual) that embaressed the BBC, but it was clearly not serious. Or do the unions think he really wants people shot? :dull:

Well judging by the reaction of the unions, they really believe that he wanted to shoot people! :no:

I always knew that union fat cats had a massive sense of humour failure but that takes the biscuit. This Prentis guy should really use some of his six-figure salary and pay for the police to be involved. I shouldn't have to foot the bill.

Anyone see Clarkson?

BBC Article

So he took it to the extreme, but lets face it, he's probably only saying what a large proportion of the non tree hugging population who work outside of the public sector are thinking.

Anyway, as well as it being a joke, when did having an opinion that others might not like become a criminal offence?

Talk about wasting police time, if they do try and get them involved.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

the unions have obviously got more money than sense if they're asking lawyers what they can do about this. Saw them on Sky News saying with a straight face that Clarkson was inciting people to shoot public servants!

So nice to read some sense about the Clarkson issue. Quite why such a stir has been made about something clearly said in jest is much beyond me.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100120977/jeremy-clarksons-critics-should-be-taken-out-and-shot/

Quite a good article about it.

I hate these Unions.