WHEELS

Its NOT 5 x 100 on Octavia MK 2 its 5 X 112 with 57.1 centre bore, and the offest will depend on the width of the wheel but around ET50 is ok on 16" Steel wheels

Yeah the mk2 octavias are definitely 5x112 PCD with a high offset of near 50 iirc.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, What are the standard widths of octavia vrs alloys?

I'm looking at a set of staggered wheels and one pair of them are 9" rears so I hope they wont be too wide to fit.

Yeah the mk2 octavias are definitely 5x112 PCD with a high offset of near 50 iirc.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, What are the standard widths of octavia vrs alloys?

I'm looking at a set of staggered wheels and one pair of them are 9" rears so I hope they wont be too wide to fit.

7.5" IIRC..

A 9" rim is going to be very wide!

With 9s, you'll want to get rid of the lip inside the back of the arch. I'm having mine done soon. On the front, I'm going to remove the bit of metal that the top arch liner screw goes into and trim the arch liners.