Turn on lights using remote key fob

meetyg

Hi,

Just wanted to know if there is any way to turn on the headlights, using the remote key fob?

In my previous car (Citroen C4) the third button on the key fob was to remotely turn on the headlights (kind of like coming home lights) for about a half a minute.

On the Octy, the third button is for releasing the boot lock (which I barely use).

Is there any way to change it to turn on the lights as mentioned?

My friend has VCDS so if its needed I can use it.

I don't have AUTO lights on my Octy.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by meetyg

You can enable coming/leaving home lighting, but without the light sensor they will always light even in daylight.

You can do this with VCDS

Ok but what I want is to be able to turn then on from the remote key fob, only when I want to , not allways when leaving the car.

On my Citroen this was very useful to find the car when in a dark parking lot, without having to unlock the car.

Edited by meetyg

Ok but what I want is to be able to turn then on from the remote key fob, only when I want to , not allways when leaving the car.

On my Citroen this was very useful to find the car when in a dark parking lot, without having to unlock the car.

You cannot do this, its either always or not at all. The third key button will always be a remote boot release.

You can't on an FL

That'll teach you to under-spec your car then Chris! :rofl:

FWIW, mine is adjustable via Maxidot.

Just to add , All thanks to SIMBO :thumbup:

A name from the past that only seems to be able to communicate via twittering now!

Pretty much as before then! :rofl:

I think this is a VCDS feature that's been hit by the changes in convenience and the way in which modules communicate on an FL. For the record, you can turn this on and off on a pre-FL no problem - auto lights or not.

But on the FL it does seem that the light sensor is now a pre-requisite for CH/LH to work. Which makes sense in a way, as then the function will only operate when it's required.... at night.

However, not the answer some will want on this thread, I appreciate.