NTL Upgrade! Now on 2 meg - 250k/sec downloads!

boyced

https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi/cabletier

Go here if your ntl broadband, there upgrading there service. I was on 750kb but now get 2meg for the same price, just upgraded online, was downloading at 90k/sec, now 250k/sec.

It keeps throwing me out telling me I'm using the wrong username :confused:

I've tried my mail address, and the generic name that the mailboxes are all registered under ...

Any suggestions?

I've been through the process, and as yet my cm hasnt rebooted. The cabletier thingy says I am now subscribed to the 2meg service, so I rebooted the modem myself but it still picked up the silver config file.

Nick, the username is the same as the primary email account without the @ntlworld.com on the end. The password is the same one you use to connect to the pop3 server for this email account.

Yup that's what I thought Manny - tried it with and without the @ntlworld bit - no difference - guess I will have to call customer services. What are the cost implications of the upgrade?

Only 1.3Mbps here - anyone have a good testing link - I'm not sure about the random one I've found through google.

You could try downloading something off Imperial College's SUNsite - usually blindingly fast...

Rob.

Ok i'm comfuddled ( easy i know :s ) . I am on the basic 300 service & wondered about upgraging to the 1 meg one, but am abit stuck on all this capped stuff. I have netmeter, but no idea what the no's mean, is there a easy way to tell how much i am using per day/ week/ month? . I spend lot of time ( yep far to much ) online, ( normally on forums ), so don't really download alot,I am not one for downloading music/ films, but do view a few pdf.s, but not that many. have msn but am not chatting on it much ( rarely these days, but its usefull to keep running ), I also don't send alot of pics. I do send a few pics to my piccy trail though, but def. not alot., So would a 3 gig cap cover my usage?

If your only surfing the net and not downloading much then I don't see the cap being a problem. I think the cap is 1gig per day. which shouldn't be a problem, rumours have it that NTL don't actually have a way of monitoring how much your actually using.

Finally got mine through today after a call to ntl customer services. I have to say I was impressed. I got through after only a couple of minutes of waiting, spoke to a helpful chap called Atul, who told me of an account name I had never heard of that was the registered account for my cable modem, and told me the password, and within a minute I was away. Big :thumbup: to Atul, and ntl, for now.

Wanadoo are still advertising their "super fast broadband" but sadly they're still referring to the 1MB ADSL service I already have, and I doubt its going up in speed anytime soon.

I'm glad I've upgraded to my Netgear DG834G modem/router as I've seen increases in download speeds of around 15% on average without upgrading the service. :thumbup: