Quantum Long life oil at bargain price

Whilst looking through e-bay I spotted 5 Litres of Quantum long life 504/507 at £29.99 plus £6.95 delivery. The seller was the Marriott group and the address was Stowmarket (Suffolk).It had to be Barnards VW. I went along this morning and asked the price ---- '£50.11p' was the reply. I pointed out that on e-bay it was shown at £29.99. The bloke on the counter said that they would honour the on line price. I therefore bought two 5 litres and was charged £59.69. Not sure how much they've got left but if your in the area go along with an e-bay print off and pick up a bargain.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd add to it anyway.

I saw the same add by the Marriot Motor Group on E.Bay and being the sceptical bloke I am I questioned the price, ( £28.00 + £7.50 postage ) and also if it was a genuine product or not. It's £50.50 in my home town from the local Skoda main dealer and £51.50 from the local VW main dealer.

The contact details on E.Bay were infact Barnards VW Stowmarket. So, I rang the garage and asked the price and sure enough was told £35.50.

How the hell can there be such a difference in prices on a genuine product.The guy from my local VW dealer said he cant even buy it in at that price.Looks like he needs a different supplier.

How the hell can there be such a difference in prices on a genuine product.The guy from my local VW dealer said he cant even buy it in at that price.Looks like he needs a different supplier.

Dealers are in the business to make money.

If they can sell it for £50+ they will.

eBay gives them a degree of anonymity, lower margins but higher volume.

• 2 months later...