anyone had Jinyu tyres ?

I went to my local tyre shop asking for new but cheap winter tyres.He has some tyres made by a china company called Jinyu (model yw51) in stock and he's reserved me some until my new wheel's arrive.

Has anyone ever owned Jinyu tyres ?

thanks

Never heard of them , but given by definition your buying tyres for the worse weather conditions to drive in , buy decent ones , not neccesarily premium but a recognised make , not somewhere to try and make savings in my opinion mate

Jinyu aren't bad, better than the Nexens my dad used on his van, he switched to Jinyu's and they did him good last year in the winter, but it wasn't a winter tyre it was summer tyre.

but never seen or driven on them on a car, they have been on the market for a few years though.

i couldn't really comment on the driving dynamics, comfort or road noise of the tyres though as they are fitted to a long wheelbase 168bhp mercedes Sprinter and they aren't refined enough and i don't use it regularly enough to comment,

Only that my dad said they where much better than the nexens he got rid of with 6mm tread on because he said they where useless.

Edited by Sonner

I would probably buy good quality used winter tyres rather than a new cheap brand winter tyre though.

still it will be better than a summer tyre anyhow.

good luck mate

I'd go with a quality brand.

All the electronic gadgets, big brakes and everything else designed to keep you safe are only as good as your tyres. They are the ONLY thing that connects you to the road.

• Like 1

try and find out if there an old premium brand tread, you often find makes like these are old dunlops and the like but without finding out you take a risk. imagine if you find there not what youd hoped for and had that 'if only' feeling, is it worth making a small saving? only you will know matey

Agreed. The contact area of rubber could be around a sheet of A4. That is all that is holding a tonne plus of car and passengers to the road.

Cheap tyres are not worth it, they are a false economy. They will not wear evenly and the level of grip and longevity will be poor.

If you really want to see the benefits of good rubber ride a motorbike in the wet with good tyres and then compare a crap set in the dry.

nankangs are above average for budget tyres, there still a budget brand but i put nankangs on my first Porsche and was pleaseantly surprised by them.

not gonna set the world alight but there solid choices

Yep , ordered Nankang's on steel rims from MyTyres a few days ago.

I noticed today they had gone up in price by £17 for each tyre/rim unit. :dull:

John

I ordered Bridgestone Blizzak's for my wife's Fabia on Saturday, today (Tuesday) the price has risen by £18 per wheel/tyre.

Cheers

Lee

I ordered Bridgestone Blizzak's for my wife's Fabia on Saturday, today (Tuesday) the price has risen by £18 per wheel/tyre.

Cheers

Lee

If your thinking of getting winter tyres - get them now before the first snowflake falls :thumbup:

John

• 1 year later...

I brought two for the front of my fabia, to be honest, a load of ****, they slide around islands and corners, and don't grip under acceleration. Waste of time and money.they may as well be made from ice!

I brought two for the front of my fabia, to be honest, a load of ****, they slide around islands and corners, and don't grip under acceleration. Waste of time and money.they may as well be made from ice!

In the end the Original Poster, didn't fit them. At least you've found what we expected they were going to be.

Very good Tyres...................... at finding curbs, ditches, hedges, trees, etc!

Just buy Uniroyals, they are not that much more than cheap budgets.

Edited by Jim H

Have two Fabia II's both petrol 1.2 (HTP & TSI), one's running Bridgestone Blizzak's and the other Avon ST's for their winter option. Professional reviews suggest the Bridgestone should be the better tyre, however I think the Avon has the edge over the Japanese premium brand from our experience.

TP

Two things you don't skimp on with cars.......Brakes and Tyres! It's what keeps you on the ground and stops you.

If i had a quid for every time i read that.i i would probably have a Tenner by now!

It was just a spur of the moment thing, needed new ones after a trip to France, guy said they were good, so i had them. Clearly, he has never had them on his own vehicle. Seems they are ok in the dry, just not when its wet