Euro wide Fabia, First vRS with banded steels?

eddygee

Hellooo, Just posting up a couple of cheeky pics of my fabia on banded steels.

Havent seen this done before so Id thought id be different and try it!

Sorry about the mucky car and poor pics ill get some decent ones up asap :)

Tell me what you think positive and negative welcome :)

p.s needs more stretch ;)

Eddy x

IMAG0549.jpg

IMAG0550.jpg

IMAG0551.jpg

Off road or show use only I take it, as they are illegal. Wheels are not allowed to protrude from the wheel arches.

Looks um... illegal! Though I'm not up on whether wheels protruding is a reason for failure of the MOT.

Thought you meant wide arches.... :'(

I can safely say that those pictures were taken with 20mm spacers on.

Had too much rubbing so took them out. Now just sits in the arch nicely nothing illegal here ;)

Tyre tread outside the arch i was told. Could be wrong...

Other than that it's not the first on banded steels. Looks good though eddie.

Are you the hav-air fella?

Edited by ROS53Y

Looks um... illegal! Though I'm not up on whether wheels protruding is a reason for failure of the MOT.

Thought you meant wide arches.... :'(

One of those kinda grey areas. Wheels outside the arches are not an MOT failure unless the tester feels it comes under the sharp/protruding bodywork section. Tyres however outside the arch come under another section I believe much like having to have mud guards on Caterhams etc.

But even if it passes an MOT it doesn't mean it's road legal, MOT or not if authorities consider it unfit for road use then you can be in trouble.

Aye up mate....

If you like it then that's all that matters. Personally, I think you need to get pictures up of it not on the spacers, and taken during the day.. then you might get the compliments most wheel threads do :thumbup: In my mind, poke like that normally goes hand in hand with teeny tiny wheels.

Problem is you can't really see them that well above, and also, they just look wrong on the spacers, like the wrong wheels been put on the car, ya know? I'm sure once they're 20mm back into the arch they'll look awesome!

Can I make a suggestion? Get the VW van nut covers / hub caps to finish them off ;) Or, even, something I've yet to see but that noooo one else ever seems interested in doing.. slap some 16" Superb wheels trims on for a sleeper look ;)

Match them up with a stock front bumper from a scrapper and raise the ride height, the 3rd lane patrol will never know what hit em' ;):giggle:

Can I make a suggestion? Get the VW van nut covers / hub caps to finish them off ;) Or, even, something I've yet to see but that noooo one else ever seems interested in doing.. slap some 16" Superb wheels trims on for a sleeper look ;)

I will be trimming up my 16" steels that I have for winter.

Problem is trying to find a set at a decent price...A brand new set from Skoda is as much as I paid for the wheels!

I will be trimming up my 16" steels that I have for winter.

Problem is trying to find a set at a decent price...A brand new set from Skoda is as much as I paid for the wheels!

HA! With your interior as well! God you're close to a full on sleeper! Keep an eye out for rear ended black Fabia's you HAVE to get a stock front bumper on it as well, and an stock grille insert! (which, in winter, what with the grit on the road aint such a bad idea for saving all the paint any ways)

Not my cup of tea, and one license plate light looks diffrent :wonder: or is it just the way the picture has been taken.

Looking at it again, I do like banded wheels am not sure if its the colour am not keen on, would like to see some day light piccys so ill withdraw my comment for now :D

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap

I think it looks pimp! :) I'm really trying to find some decent alloys for mine that's different and WIDEE! ATM I own a set of Amg wheels and some landrover wheels but are both 18 so I'm not sure if there going to fit aha what do you reckon?

Tyre tread outside the arch i was told. Could be wrong...

Other than that it's not the first on banded steels. Looks good though eddie.

Are you the hav-air fella?

Oh right cheers mate, nahh just static drop mate. Would love air tho!

Some more pics without the spacers in the light would be interesting

Off to clean it this weekend and ill get some decent pics in the light.

Aye up mate....

If you like it then that's all that matters. Personally, I think you need to get pictures up of it not on the spacers, and taken during the day.. then you might get the compliments most wheel threads do :thumbup: In my mind, poke like that normally goes hand in hand with teeny tiny wheels.

Problem is you can't really see them that well above, and also, they just look wrong on the spacers, like the wrong wheels been put on the car, ya know? I'm sure once they're 20mm back into the arch they'll look awesome!

Match them up with a stock front bumper from a scrapper and raise the ride height, the 3rd lane patrol will never know what hit em' :giggle:

I think they suit the car quite well, ill get some pics in the daylight. Nahh like the vRS looks. Off to try find some hub cappy thingys lol they look cool :)

Love the smurf :)

Cheers!

I Love it!!!!

Thanks matey

Not my cup of tea, and one license plate light looks diffrent :wonder: or is it just the way the picture has been taken.

Looking at it again, I do like banded wheels am not sure if its the colour am not keen on, would like to see some day light piccys so ill withdraw my comment for now :D

End of this week/Next week getting them powdercoated purple. So will see then :p

I think it looks pimp! :) I'm really trying to find some decent alloys for mine that's different and WIDEE! ATM I own a set of Amg wheels and some landrover wheels but are both 18 so I'm not sure if there going to fit aha what do you reckon?

Haha cheers man goin for the ghetto look, go for the landrover wheels they will look sick they off a defender?..

Looks pimp fella. It wont get many compliments on here from the conservative lot "if it aint spiders it aint good lol" but im loving it

As for how far the wheels stick out, im running 7.5 all round with 25mm adapters at the back and 15's as the front. The wheel sticks out just pass the arch and obviously the tyres are stretched on to fit under nicely and it passed an MOT like that. Iv had to raise mine slightly so that when there is any weight in the back/boot, the tyre doesnt touch the arch. I want to go back lower though :( so the choice is to have the adapters shaved slightly or have the arches flaired slightly, so the tyre goes more down the wall than onto the shoulder :/

ELliott

Looks pimp fella. It wont get many compliments on here from the conservative lot "if it aint spiders it aint good lol" but im loving it

Haha that's funny but very true

I still reckon wide-arch is the way to go. I haven't seen a UK Fabia done rally or touring car style, even discreetly. Would be a lot of work on the rear end though. And the cars are new and modern enough to not need rear wings replaced due to rust damage. Also, what the hell would one do with the rear bumper? How'd you mount it?

<sorry for sidetrack/hijack>

J.