Best way to buy new VRS?

Surely the best way depends on individual circumstances? What's right for one person will be wrong for someone else.

If you have the cash available then it's probably cheapest to buy it outright, no loan. If not then a loan will probably be better. The PCP purchase could be the most expensive but still might be best.

Why not just get quotes on all possible options and see which one suits best, with all factors taken into account?

Incorrect. It is available. Im ordering a Octy VRS one shortly. 5 month wait though :(

They must've changed it back then :thumbup: although, from the offers page of the home site it looks like 0% finance is no longer available on the vRS

Cash!

Seriously though it kind of depends on your circumstances, part ex, deposit etc.

Bank Loan approach has the advantage that you can sell the car free of finance if your situation changes.

Never been convinced by personal leasing myself

Edited by juan27

....and go to www.drivethedeal.com and get the car even cheaper in the first place and still get 0% :thumbup:

Might be worth shopping around up and down the country to try and get hands on an ex demo one save a few pennies, no long wait prob some tasty extras and might as well be new warranty etc still there. Funding side of things as said its a very personal thing depends on your circumstances heavily, I have in the past always leaned towards a personal loan to keep the car free to sell on easily but unlikely you'd get as good an interest rate that way. All hangs on the amount you'd need, amount you can afford to pay monthly and how long you really want it to go on for. Then things like gap insurance is more or less vital.

Im looking for white with full leather, maxi, heated seats & auto dimming mirror so pretty scarce just with the leather! Drivethedeal.com coming in at £18,012 and so far none of my local dealers coming close. Ex demos are all around £16,500 + (without leather) so makes sense to go new. :)

Today I was told 12-16 weeks. Going in sunday. Although I have said if I am waiting 3 months, may aswell wait till 1st march for the new plate

Edited by kerrbryan

Im looking for white with full leather, maxi, heated seats & auto dimming mirror so pretty scarce just with the leather! Drivethedeal.com coming in at £18,012 and so far none of my local dealers coming close. Ex demos are all around £16,500 + (without leather) so makes sense to go new. :)

You hav ejust described my car almost! Well without the leather but with rear parking sensors, are you going for diesel, petrol, dsg, manual etc?

Great car either way!

As for financing the car, personally we change our car every 3 years anyway, so it was 10% deposit, and a 3 year PCP, so we keep our monthly payments moedest compared to taking on full finance, then hopefully we will have a bit of equity in the car at the end of term that will cover the deposit on the next one, keep the payments similar, job done, but if you are looking to own the car outright andcxan afford to then bank loan is probably a better deal, as you arent restricted with HPI checking etc you retain complete control etc

Also, bear in mind though, that with the Skoda PCP they are currently coming with 3 years servicing included, so that has to be worth around £700???

So plenty of options, go into the dealer, get quotes on the various ways of doing it and then go to the bank and see if they can do anything better?

also on the PCP front, that you dont necessarily have to keep it the term. Now they are not really keen on you handing it back before the term, but what can they do, its in the terms of the pcp.

as long as youve paid half the total finance cost you can hand the car back and walk away. for example, on a 42 month pcp, you can expect to be at the half way point at 29 months.

on a 3 year, its just over two years.

or keep it full term, sell it and settle the finance and have a small deposit for the next one. As others have said though, it really depends on your circumstances.

You hav ejust described my car almost! Well without the leather but with rear parking sensors, are you going for diesel, petrol, dsg, manual etc?

Great car either way!

As for financing the car, personally we change our car every 3 years anyway, so it was 10% deposit, and a 3 year PCP, so we keep our monthly payments moedest compared to taking on full finance, then hopefully we will have a bit of equity in the car at the end of term that will cover the deposit on the next one, keep the payments similar, job done, but if you are looking to own the car outright andcxan afford to then bank loan is probably a better deal, as you arent restricted with HPI checking etc you retain complete control etc

Also, bear in mind though, that with the Skoda PCP they are currently coming with 3 years servicing included, so that has to be worth around £700???

So plenty of options, go into the dealer, get quotes on the various ways of doing it and then go to the bank and see if they can do anything better?

Going for Diesel. Was thinking of the DSG, maybe going to test drive one although would I say its worth the extra ££'s, not at the minute.

My local dealer has beat drivethedeal.com prices and we are getting the servicing too :)

Bst way? - search the classifieds and do what I did - buy a pre registered for a mahoosive discount! It was sitting in the showroom ready to go and a month before the new reg, I got a stunning deal on it. So good in fact that i could sell it today three months and 5K later for the same or more than I paid!

Options are nice but you do have to wait for them.

Oh and BTW, the zero VAT is on petrol octy's only.........

Dont forget that with the DSG you get the steering wheel controls as standard, and also you can have factory bluetooth as well if you need it, so although its about a grand extra as an option, so its not too bad at all, and as for the DSG box, its fantastic!!!!!

There was an unregistered white one with leather on the Skoda system yesterday for delivery in a couple of weeks...

Yeah, I know about that one, plus there is one with leather and electric sunroof too but I would really like the spec I've mentioned and the wait allows me to save some more pennies towards it ;)

If you can afford the 0% finance, its better to to do this rather than pay cash, as you can at least get some interest on the money you are holding on to.

Even better if you can vat free as well emoticon-0100-smile.gif