Xmas market / Race of Champions

lfc958

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EHIC, only took 5 days to arrive from filling in the form on the web page.:thumbup:

So if you havent sorted it yet & you get the form filled in by Thu this week, it can still arrive in time.

EHIC's ordered Friday evening & arrived today :thumbup:

The EHIC, only took 5 days to arrive from filling in the form on the web page.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

So if you havent sorted it yet & you get the form filled in by Thu this week, it can still arrive in time.

EHIC's ordered Friday evening & arrived today :thumbup:

Called up on Monday (couldn't find the card, normally keep with my passport; so I called the 'I've lost my EHIC card' line); delivered today :thumbup:

So, there are parts of the government that work....... :giggle:

J

The EHIC, only took 5 days to arrive from filling in the form on the web page.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Applied at 4pm Wednesday, arrived 9am Saturday! That's pretty damn quick!

Just a quick check list for the upcoming trip

1. Passport
  2. Tickets
  3. Euros
  4. Copy of Insurance
  5. Driving licence
  6. Any legally required car breakdown kit
  7. Weekend bag ( clothes , underware, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap/washng gel, comb/brush deoderant/perfume )
  8. Umberella, / rain coat - Weather forecast is for rain on Sat & showers on Sun, a spare pair of shoes / clothes may be wise to pack.

Just checked the weather forecast for Saturday am on BBC SE. They're giving 5 or 6C, heavy rain :rain: & gale force winds :o which is kinda what I expected for this time of year :think: Glad I'm not going by ferry! :envy::sick: Oh hang on... :wait: some people are aren't they? :yes: Better not say anything then :x:notme:

Enjoy!! :hi:

Just checked the weather forecast for Saturday am on BBC SE. They're giving 5 or 6C, heavy rain :rain: & gale force winds :o which is kinda what I expected for this time of year :think: Glad I'm not going by ferry! :envy::sick: Oh hang on... :wait: some people are aren't they? :yes: Better not say anything then :x:notme:

Enjoy!! :hi:

Ferry will be FUN!!

Ferry will be FUN!!

I can confirm that if the channel is any rougher than a mill pond then we will be given a refund for the full cost we paid for the crossing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like youre right there, & it now looks like there will be occasional showers on Sat, & no Rain sunday, but compared to Kent it will be quite cold, so a warm jacket & brolly will probably suffice.

Well arrived home at around 18:15 from an enjoyable briskoda meet in dusseldorf in a gaststatte close to the hotel, pub atmosphere, decent food, good company , decent beer, & the whole lot only came to 15 euros each.

The xmas market was decent too.

Would like to do next year, but this time go out on the friday night, come back sunday so that we can make a lot more time for the many gluwine stalls, wth the proper xmas stalls in between .

Arrived back about 1900 after a stop at Cite Europe for diesel and a few bits of food, beer, wine & spirits - so glad the car was empty on the way back :rofl:

Agree it was a good Brisky meet - that Glühwein was good and kept me going (the last one we had with the 'added extra' was even better :giggle: )

A quick note of thanks to Steve for sorting the hotel booking out along with his knowledge of German (and not forgetting Kathy's as well!). Thanks also needs to go to Si for suggesting Dusseldorf (I know his suggestion was ROC, but the fact that we could go and do something other than ROC, means he gets a mention).

Will have to start looking at next year's trip now so we can all save our pennies for it! Suggest we go somewhere colder, for a more Christmas feel?

J

Arrived back about 1900 after a stop at Cite Europe for diesel and a few bits of food, beer, wine & spirits - so glad the car was empty on the way back :rofl:

Agree it was a good Brisky meet - that Glühwein was good and kept me going (the last one we had with the 'added extra' was even better :giggle: )

A quick note of thanks to Steve for sorting the hotel booking out along with his knowledge of German (and not forgetting Kathy's as well!). Thanks also needs to go to Si for suggesting Dusseldorf (I know his suggestion was ROC, but the fact that we could go and do something other than ROC, means he gets a mention).

Will have to start looking at next year's trip now so we can all save our pennies for it! Suggest we go somewhere colder, for a more Christmas feel?

J

Yes a great time, nice to meet new people too. Thanks to Steve once again for his organisational abilities, to Justin for the safe comfortable ferrying & Lee n Phil for a bang on Sunday & Monday. I know I came up with the Dusseldorf Roc idea but wasn't it you that added the Xmas markets to it too tho J?

Roc is well worth doing btw. The Nasca's sounded awesome & the Fabia S2000's were really impressive. Possibily the fastest cars on the track, certainly the most fluid on the bends.

Indeed, an excellent weekend, big thank you for Justin for the lift over there and a good night out on the Sunday with Ian and Simone., just need a couple of days to recover now after all that Communion Wine....

Indeed, an excellent weekend, big thank you for Justin for the lift over there and a good night out on the Sunday with Ian and Simone., just need a couple of days to recover now after all that Communion Wine....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And some interesting versions of diet coke............. ;)

Ah you made it to church on Sunday then :thumbup: