A tragic loss ,R.I.P Leodhasach

fikes75

Hello Polo6n.

Thank you for your kind words about my late son Andrew (Leodhasach) and nice pictures of his car.

I'm trying to find out if the calendars were ever produced featuring his car, as I would like to buy one.

I was in touch with another 'Briskodian' (Johnny) but I have'nt heard from him for a while.

Feel free to e-mail me on ******@btinternet.com anytime as I'm a total novice on here and I may miss any postings left for me.

Hope to hear from you sometime.

Regards

Murdo

Edited by Vega
Edited email address

Murdo

I think andrew's car is going to feature on the 2012 briskoda calendar. There's a thread on here somewhere about it.

You might also want to hide your email address. No telling who might abuse it.

I'm sure you've read on here how well andrew was thought of by everyone here. You and the family gave been in the thoughts and prayers of many of us.

Its nice to see you on here

Le gach deagh dhurachd

Domhnall

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hello Polo6n.

Thank you for your kind words about my late son Andrew (Leodhasach) and nice pictures of his car.

I'm trying to find out if the calendars were ever produced featuring his car, as I would like to buy one.

I was in touch with another 'Briskodian' (Johnny) but I have'nt heard from him for a while.

Feel free to e-mail me on murtib AT btinternet.com anytime as I'm a total novice on here and I may miss any postings left for me.

Hope to hear from you sometime.

Regards

Murdo

Hi Murdo,

I actually just replied to your email before seeing your post on this thread.

I'm about to send another email with the info you were after.

Thanks for taking the time to post on here.

Johnny

• 3 months later...

I hate to revive such a tragic thread but it is not without good reason.

After 3 months (of completely forgetting) I have been in touch with Andrew's family about making a dontation in Andrew's memory with the money collected from the sales of the 2012 Briskoda calendar .

Some of you may know, but it was news to me, that Andrew passed away suddenly due to an a undiagnosed heart condition; of which he had displayed absolutely no symptoms whatsoever.

With this in mind the family have requested that the money be donated to 'CRY' (Cardiac Risk in the Young) http://www.c-r-y.org.uk/

They actively campaign for the governments of the day to introduce routine heart screening of the young, to try and reduce the 12 a week (average) sudden deaths in the UK.

The donation has been made via the website and I am sure that the £100 raised will be put to good use.

Another act that the Briskoda community can be very proud of

A very worth cause especially with the Footballer Fabric Muwamba having the same heart problems

Good Call PastyBoy. :thumbup:

Well , it is a shame to revive an old thread like this , but without doubt a very good reason to

Congratulations on such a good amount of money to a wonderful cause

It is a shame that it is being done for this reason , but a great way of remembering such a lovely lad

Briskoda should be proud

Sarah

Even more glad I can see 2 Briski calenders where im sitting right now :giggle:. A really nice idea well done!

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Andrew - slightly belated but I'm sure you're having a good one up there :thumbup:

It's a bit late in the night, on a school night - but what the hell. In your honour I'm off to grab a wee dram of my most treasured in the drinks cabinet - 1991 Bruichladdich 'Yellow Submarine'. Those in the know might recognise this one :)

All the best. Sorely missed...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To follow on from my previous post thought i would share some of the photos from the drag racing in memory of Andrew, i was not able to attend myself but thought they may be of interest. The pictures are from the Lewis Car Club and by all accounts the night was a great success.....

https://www.facebook...42816782&type=3

Here is the report from the night...

http://www.lewiscarclub.com/?page_id=340

Edited by Graeme B
  • Like 4