yeti lights upgrade

Oilrag

I suppose yes; the blue tinted lights of the DRLs and Xenon headlights match up and go together, but this is irrelevant on a Yeti as the two lights are never on together.Skoda has at least recognised the colouration of light output of xenon headlights and matched up with blue glass 'xenon' sidelight bulbs.

Ah, yes - fair point!!! :rock:

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice if it was just 2 high power LED bulbs that just plugged into the standard bulb socket, without any extra wiring!

This is the one add-on that I would really like. I am not skilled mechanically and playing with the wiring is beyond me. I just want simple plug-in LED DRL.

Just had a reply from Superskoda in relation to my enquiry about whether separate resistors required - they replied - "

it will be in the set, don´t worry...".

I take that to mean that they will be required - Damn it!

Looks like this update about error-free LED DRLs was added today. I wonder what this will turn out to be?

The photos that Superskoda use are identical to some shown on the Benzinfabrik site where many of us have bought from already. I suspect the kits will be the same.

The tricky bit with fitting any of the replacement DRLs is not the extra wiring but the fiddle of removing the old bulbs and then getting the new ones to locate properly.

Mine have been fitted for a while now and they do look better than the originals!

Just had a reply from Superskoda in relation to my enquiry about whether separate resistors required - they replied - "

it will be in the set, don´t worry...".

I take that to mean that they will be required - Damn it!

Looks like they are just re-selling the Benzinfabrik ones !!

Photos are not the same -if you look closely you will see that the SuperSkoda Yeti grill top is the all black one (de-badged) that they also sell. However, you may be correct. so let's wait and see..........!!!

• 1 month later...

I really didn't find the separate resistors an issue, fiddly to fit but work effectively.

I personally very much prefer the white LED DRLs :thumbup:

Well the 2nd link actually says:

MEGA POWER LED DAYLIGHT SYSTEMS FOR YETI / SUPERB II / OCTAVIA II FL finished !!! ARRIVAL EXPECTED 28.8. !!!

which is why I presumed they were the same as those you linked to, Merlin.

I didn't realise the other models used the same bulb!

• 3 months later...

I have rec'd a pair of LED DRL bulbs from Superskoda despite cancelling my order

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-MEGA-POWER-LED-daylight-bulbs-system-KI-R

The bulbs were in cellophane packets and came without resistors, any additional wiring or fitting instructions :(

Has anyone got fitting instructions for for these bulbs that they don't want anymore??

I have NO idea why they have sent the bulbs, and I'm not paying to send them back.

Thanks in advancer.

Mine came on Friday with no instructions, but had two resistors (gold alloy heat-sink type) and some Scotch-locks. Nothing else. Easy to fit but you`ll need the resistors.

Not according to their current advert::

!!! WORLDWIDE FREE AIRMAIL SHIPPING !!!

- fits ALL Yeti models

- NO error code on the display

- ultra white colour

- no ugly yellow daylight again

Now if they were in the UK you could have them under the Trade Descriptions Act!

I thought the point was that these bulbs do include resistors as part of the pack, so if fitted as supplied you will get no errors (because the resistors will sort it out)

• Like 2

I thought the point was that these bulbs do include resistors as part of the pack, so if fitted as supplied you will get no errors (because the resistors will sort it out)

Exactly - pretty obvious really and well stated. The advert does not state that you "do not" require resistors so what's all the fuss about?

• Like 1

Fairly obvious to me that they've sent you replacement bulbs based on your earlier cancelled order, which is just what others have received.

No use to you without the resistors/instructions - why not sell them on here to folks who might be needing replacement LED's at a later date?

I reckon folks would take them for £25 the pair?

You're a Freedom member - so perhaps put them in the Briskoda 'For Sale' Section as they fit several models?

Postage?

I'd post FOC, myself, but ETTO :)