Ultimate Dubs Show - Telford 11th March 2012

ozzy999

Bit of a last minute decision, but I'll probably be going down with some local VW owners on Sunday and getting a ticket on the gate. I'll keep an eye out for you all, especially the mongrel on the TDISport stand!

Don't know what it is about this show but i just don't like it......Think it may have something to do with working in Telford about '3 doors' down!

Show has always been a bit lame to me.....must be due to it being indoors......usually been round inside and outside within an hour but as others have said, i may pop down after lunch and get in for free.

Any pics peeps?

The shows not til tomorrow!

Edited by jrw
  • Like 1

Think it may have something to do with working in Telford about '3 doors' down!

Know the feeling, Telford is not the best of places :p I know well as I live and work within!

On a brighter note, I did see a lot of lovely cars driving through Telford and apparently there was a big gather up on one of the Retail parks after! The photos from the event do look good, some beautiful cars!

Hope you all had a good day

Well myself,the wifey and a couple of mates did venture up to Telford from South London , have to say was a bit disappointed. Some very nice show cars , a very interesting white Audi quattro short wheel base rally car and a really spectacular Seat leon time attack car ...nice.

My big upset was the lack of suppliers, was hoping to see some of the big boys to set the mood for the year to come. Maybe showing my age here , but once you have seen one car on airbags , they just start to look very similar. Not my thing , but to each their own. Understand the look, but where is the real engineering gone. Air ride has been around in the states for donkeys years and really nothing new.

The most interesting thing for me was speaking to the chap ( sorry forgot his name ), but he was from DAR servicing and preperation. Got really nerdy talking about cnc machined head on his 1.8T engined time attack leon. Have to say was a very friendly show.But for £15 a head and the long journey for what was really just a vag show and shine event and not as billed we were all disappointed. The others with me said not again.

Point of interest, one the way back on the motorway , we all noticed how all the air bagged low riders that were all doing 50-60 mph in the inside lane only....is that the price of style?

Point of interest, one the way back on the motorway , we all noticed how all the air bagged low riders that were all doing 50-60 mph in the inside lane only....is that the price of style?

Could have been big static drops rather than air? Could be just convoying with slower cars, people worrying about driving too fast on ludicrous stretch etc.

• Like 1

Could have been big static drops rather than air? Could be just convoying with slower cars, people worrying about driving too fast on ludicrous stretch etc.

I supposed they could be static drops, but unlike when leaving most shows i have been to in the past , they were no real idiots doing anything stupid. Which was nice to see. But still i was doing 70 in the middle lane taking it easy , and the traffic flow was very good. If being limited to 50-60 mph on a relatively smooth motorway ( for the uk anyway ) is the cost of a static drop , its a too high cost in my books. I also suppose it effects the way they go round corners too .....Not for me , but if we all did the same, the world would be boring place. Plus i think the low rider/static drop looks real cool on longer older cars ....but hey what do i know :sun:

Great day... Stunning cars... ooh & some Quality babes! :love:

Ultimatedubs078.jpg

Ha that one on your left is a bloke!!! look at those broad shoulders...Only joking, I see you were well interested in the cars at the show then :angel: