Todd's "Dark Arrow" Octavia vRS shagwagon

darkArrow

What's the score with those Audi wheels? You have already probably one of the lightest / best looking set of rims with those Volks - why on earth would you want to change to some boggo audi wheels? The fat fives must be heavier too..?

haha adamweal .. the FL's TSI gets my vote :D

Laars, the tail light look is just some smoked vinyl.

hey Rob and muckipup, don't worry the flat fives will simply be my secondary "wheel-whore" wheels.  The 8.2kg Rays VR beauties will stay on for > 50% of the time, and will be a must for the track.  In fact I've just placed an order through to Japan for a wider set @ 18x9 et45  :D :D

hey Rob and muckipup, don't worry the flat fives will simply be my secondary "wheel-whore" wheels. The 8.2kg Rays VR beauties will stay on for > 50% of the time, and will be a must for the track. In fact I've just placed an order through to Japan for a wider set @ 18x9 et45 :D :D

Ok no worries - the VR's are lovely. I actually looked at a set of fat fives to run as my winter set but i could not find a good set at the right price - ended up getting my bbs instead.

18x9!? Wtf! It'll be like a steam roller with those on. What tyres are you going to have?

:o

yup, 18x9 et45 with 3mm spacers to clear the strut.  I'll probably stay with my current 235/40's.  With the current setup (18x8 et50) there's still a bit of outside edge room to play with on the fronts.

6949211874_e079b27702_o.jpg

oh and here's a recent pic from our VW Nationals show in Sydney:

306118_152136781585834_100003685398188_217875_897093266_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

little update, got my great value ECS Stage 3 BBK installed the other week, along with an ECS torque mount insert (lots of grip for little money).

197791_166761753456670_1044560635_n.jpg

The refinished audi rims were put on at the same time, and yesterday I finally got around to taking a good SLR photo of them. This is probably my first attempt at shooting the Octy on sloping ground, and as you can see finding the right spot for a photo is well worth the effort :)

7519546620_7081ba05ab_o.jpg

ok, so the fives are growing on me, but I still rate the rays as the better looking wheel and i'd guess they are also a bunch lighter?

dogbone insert is on my list for the new car too - any harshness?

a couple of nice vag /flat fives pics on here :

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3239327-just-put-on-some-neuspeed-wheels...

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Todd -

Love your motor buddy, please keep the updates coming mate :D :D

Ive modded plenty of motors in the past and your inspiring me to start on this one (once you pop - you cant stop!!!) Ca-CHING!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks gents :)

oh and sorry for the late response but I've been enjoying the sunshine up in your part of the world, well France to be specific ... sadly back in cold and wet Oz now ;)

Rob the mount is a little harsher but generally not that noticable (except for the added grip!), however when reverse is used, which is thankfully not that often, it is definitely noticable. Personally I prefer the new, more solid/harsher feel to the old.

latest modification .. these were removed the other day:

534204_194996390633206_1112778058_n.jpg

and replaced with something a little more shiny :)

530147_194995483966630_1337460685_n.jpg

3a68d7a8-7468-f657.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi Todd,

I'm a new member in this forum and I just have to say....

I llooooovvvee your car! A lot of desktop pictures.....! ;-)

I'm also an owner of a black vRS tdi-12 that we have owned for 2 months now. I'm about to make my car in the same theme that you have. Before I bought the car I have already decided to get black Neptunes on the car.

I have also ordered some stuff from Superskoda that will arrive soon.

Black grill, front bumper DTM spoiler and a rear diffusor. I will also tint the headlights smoke grey.

Maybe you lads can help to decide. I don't know how to piant the front spoiler and the diffusor.

The front spoiler has to be painted in black magic (as the car), but what do you suggest for the rear diffusor? Black dull paint? Dark grey dull paint? Black magic? Or should the front spoiler also be black dull.

I haven't received the stuff yet so I don't know how they look. I assume they only will be boring plastic black.

Pls, give me some advice........!

Now it's winter season in Sweden so I have a few months ahead for my planning.

Waiting for the summer season??? Guess?

Regards,

Fidde

Gothenburg, Sweden

• 4 months later...