Front & Rear Discs & Brake Pads

Hi my brake discs front and rear looking like they need replacing. Do you have any recommendations on which ones to get ? Brake pads are still meaty but I presume if i change the discs I will need to replace the pads ?

car is a 07 skoda estate diesel vrs PD170

cheers

Brembo fronts and just oem rears, with pagid pads all round.

Surprised your pads have worn out before your discs, unless the pads have already been done once ofc.

Not essential to do pads at same time, but for the small extra cost for the parts and while you'll already have everything dismantled you might as well.

I have just fitted a set of OEM pads and they are very sharp at stopping. I had thought about fast road pads but I have never had an issue with being able to stop with the OEM brake set up. For track use I would fit fast road pads but for normal road driving you have to be driving like a loon to get the OEM brakes to fade.

• 1 year later...

evening all iv got an 03 vrs estate and the brakes are squealing, looks like brake pad replacement time. where is the best buys and do i need any special tools to do the job.

Cheers

In advance

Mike 

Mine are squealing with new discs and pads. Discs are brembo, pads are some crappy make (can't remember the name off the top of my head). I'll probably replace the pads with OEM soon, they're ATEs right?

Mine have PAGID on the back.  Work well.  Not too dusty.  Not noisy.  Stop in proportion to pedal pressure.  Don't fade or haven't yet despite a vigourous Alpine travese.  What more do you need? 

Down sides?  Yup.  As I normally brake as gently as possible because I try to anticpate and read the road.  After a while of this, several weeks say, extra pressure is needed to achieve full retardation.  Some sort of minor glazing issue?  Anyway a firm application will sort it out.