MK1 vRS - Stage 2 R-Tech Tuned

Phil-W

Mini meet sounds good.

Inspected my S2K filter to see how it's holding up. Looks good so far.

BA1F93AE-E7EB-4955-A965-E94C15342532-1634-0000025332BDFE71.jpg

And the last of my new bits arrived for when the coilovers are fitted :)

D0EED912-2F76-496F-84A0-689A6AA30067-1634-000002530D057D3F.jpg

• Like 2

Mini meet sounds good! 

Will send a message out if i'm coming down. 

I look forward to coilover progress as if they are decent enough I'll be going for some!

Coilovers are on! Rear sits lovely, front needs to come down maybe 10-15mm to sit level. Ran out of time today to drop them a bit more so ill do that on the weekend.

Rides nice, firm but not crashy or uncomfortable. Had a mare getting the front shocks out, more so the drivers side. Spring clamps and strut spreader are a must if DIY'ing!

It may settle a little but probably not enough. This is a pic as soon as it came off the axel stands.

40FC23AA-C014-44A7-8F83-048999A367D3-637

• Like 1

I counted threads (Did same as Steve-vrs - half way at rear and then 27ish at front) but thought front may be too low so gave myself more thread at the front, shouldn't have bothered now! Ended up with 50mm of thread, not sure how many threads that equated to in the end.

• Like 1

Front dropped a bit. I actually think the rear does need to come up just a smidge to look ok, have to bear in mind that the front arch is higher than the rear too. Happy with the front but now it's a bit lower the front does need spacing 10mm or so to be safe. Looking into options for this, if I can't find a solution I'm happy with then it's going back up :D

D87BE847-038B-48EE-AC89-27719D9A5A4D-722

Very impressed with the ride. It's a TINY bit crashy below 10mph but as soon as you get above crawling pace, it's fine. Slightly firmer than stock but not teeth rattling, for the price I can't fault them at all :)

• Like 1

That's it! Final adjustments made (I think). Ordered some 10mm spacers for the front wheels, leaving the rear as it is for now.

A2635628-B7AD-4209-9FF4-62853DCD605E-854

:D

• Like 1

It should still leave the wheels JUST tucked under the arch, I thought about 5mm or 8mm but I was worried it wouldn't be enough to clear the spring platforms.

Front has settled a bit now and looks like the drivers side will need raising a bit to match passenger side! Pffffffffffft!

Thats why then, Terkin. I'm running 225/45/17.

Steve, they don't touch but there is literally 1-2mm in it, any flex in the sidewall whilst cornering would mean scrubbing. Better safe than sorry where tyres are concerned, don't want a blow out!

• Like 1