Project wrc wannabe

dsmithmobile

It's not a bad car,I just sometimes fall out with it lol

How's the S2000?

And I'm not sure about edition to be honest,been going for years but don't really have the motivation,my mates that I used to go with don't go anymore and I find myself walking around pretty uninterested,I'll see if I have any motivation closer to the summer but think its on the same weekend as the motogp this year so may go to silverstone instead :)

Glad your having fun with the new toy and using it how it should be used :)

S2000's never really did anything for me but seen a few nice slammed ones on splits recently and i look at them in a different way now :) but then I suppose the ones that are really low can't be driven that hard without breaking them so it seems a waste of a nice handling car.

small update,i got an arm rest for it off the bay a while back fairly cheap and finally got round to fitting it,

the lid was in a dark grey colour which didn't really match so wanted to re cover it and decided to get some material for it,opted for the fake suede material as it was cheap and it turned out ok:)

DSC_1229_zps04e8455c.jpg

i've also installed a lead into the armrest for my phone for charging and it also connects into my stereo so i can play music,video,youtube videos,tv app etc through my alpine monitor which is cool :)

going to make a little insert for the arm rest for my phone to lay in so it doesnt move around at some point too.

you can also see in the pic the green stitching i started a long time ago and havn't finished yet,its on the passenger seat and handbrake lever but nothing on the drivers seat lol,its just simply threaded through the existing stitching so its an effective cheap mod,just long and tedious to do haha

i also connected an old sumvision cyclone media player i used to use on my home tv and connected it into my stereo and fitted into the glove box,it has usb and sd card input so i've got an old 120gb laptop hard drive plugged into it with movies and music on it so saves having dvd's all over the car :rock:

Cheers Adam :)

Well as I had a good bit of material left over as i got more than i needed so i could look at wrapping some things if I wanted too and i decided to wrap the centre dash piece,gear lever surround and the panel i made to replace my ash tray as I thought it would be a bit different than using vinyl :)

Here's a few pics

DSC_1220_zps0206b75f.jpg

DSC_1215_zps5d1869be.jpg

DSC_1217-1_zpsc3421f21.jpg

Think it turned out ok but may not be everyone's cup of tea

• Like 1

Always like it looking v nice, yours gonna be all done for hms 2013?? I've joined the vrs club now but cant put pics up off my iPhone, it's knot standard admin anyway except from a forge do valve an k&n panel filter.

Lol , good good. Me too. Mine will prob be all standard really apart from few things under bonnet, :)

Have you ever had a prob with yours smoking( clear smoke) mainly at stand still? But not while

Driving? Just a nagging thing I've noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well had to raise it for the mot which was heartbreaking lol

Look at that arch gap haha

F361AA81-1E75-471D-A231-8A85D9CD6565-2765-000006395CBC9EC3_zps7a186079.jpg

But we got a pass which is good and only a couple of advisories :)

Now waiting for the rain to stop so I can lower it back down to where is should be as it looks like its on stilts and it's bugging me haha

• Like 1

No I don't Steve,I only raised the front as that causes the problems at mot with the subframe been low,it's far too high for my liking but then in my eyes the lower the better,here's a pic with severe reverse rake

B5EFF650-7B2F-4B94-87B0-DF21BB4CAEA6-2765-000006392112112A_zpsf948a843.jpg

I'll be happier by the end of the day when it's back at its usual ride height but its an acquired taste and too low for most people on this forum but I like to be different :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...