Project wrc wannabe

dsmithmobile

Well the white 19's have gone to a new home so currently rocking these temporary tsw catalunyas which are 8x18 and in need of a refurb but they'll do until i get my other new winters refurbed.

excuse the pics as the car is dirty and it was coming in dark

DSC_0050-1.jpg

DSC_0062-1.jpg

DSC_0084-1.jpg

and exhaust tips have been cut off to hide the tailpipes but not finished yet

DSC_0072-1.jpg

and collected these yesterday as replacement winters and started to get them ready to be painted,there 8x18 porsche cayenne rims,hoping i'll like them when there on or if not they could be getting moved on aswell lol

DSC_0053y.jpg

Yes thought about what you said about having no tailpipes and quite liked the idea so I just hacked the tailpipes off lol, doesn't look pretty underneath for now though lol, need to do some adjustments but should be reet,cheers for the idea :) and yes the markers are just us jetta/golf items off eBay, thought I'd give them a try a while back but didn't like them clear so took them out and had a friend smoke the lenses so they blend in more but still not sure if I like them yet,could probably do to be darker or might just buy a smoked set off eBay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update,I've received the cayenne rims back from painting and getting tyres fitted next week so hopefully be on by next weekend,let's hope I like them cos if not I'll have to move them on lol

Excuse the dodgy iPhone pics

8f103c86.jpg

b3e9d770.jpg

• Like 1

Well finally got the cayenne winter wheels on the car on saturday but as it took a while they'll only be on a couple of months and the summer wheels will be back on lol,anyway had the tyres fitted on friday by a mate but one of the wheels got marked on the spoke but wheels are a custom colour so no touch up available so i just i got a bmw touch up pen which isnt great but its better than seeing the scratch.

they dont sit great but thats only cos i'm using my adapters for my other porsche wheels and the offsets are higher on these and thought adapters and spacers on top might be a bit dodgy so left them as they are seen as though there only for winter use.

here's some pics

DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0080-1.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

comments welcome good or bad

• 4 weeks later...

Small update,I finally got one of my mk2 octy mirrors sorted and on the car,was a bit of a pig to do and needed a bit of work to get it to fit,including making a base plate and drilling through the mirror base and recessing the bolts then filling over the bolts and moulding the mk2 mirror into the base I'd made,it's not perfect but it will do for now and once the other side is done I'll send them to my mate who'll do a better job of smoothing them,paint the mirror shells and smoke the indicator lense to match the others then eventually I'll smooth out the wing side repeaters but for the time been I'll probably disconnect them and put some vinyl over the hole,all wiring is connected so I can adjust the mirror,heated mirror works,indicator works and puddle light is connected,just wish I'd bought motorised folding ones now as they would of been trick but they were more pricey but like the look of these,what do people think?

c93b95db.jpg

Edited by dsmithmobile
  • Like 1

that looks the nuts. So glad you have done it as i was looking at these on ebay a couple days ago as some nice gommo wacked my drivers mirror and cracked the casing.

dont suppose you have any pics of the "during" process have you?

Sorry mate,no pics of the process I used for doing it but I've only done the passenger side so I'll try to remember to get pics when I get chance to do the drivers side but I have all the wiring info for the passenger side and I'll make a note of drivers side wiring colours when I get the door panel off so if you want to have a go at doing it I can give you all the info :)

I love seeing your car driving around Hull. The MK2 mirrors look amazing as do the wheels :thumbup: . Look forward to seeing you around. Can I ask, when you get your wheels painted, where do you take them too? I would like to get mine painted.

Cheers and pacman what do you drive? I'm on my phone so can't see but I'll keep an eye out for you as I often see lots of skodas around hull but don't think many of the ones i've seen come on the forum and I generally get my wheels painted by a friend who works in Grimsby but know a few people who do them but I never like recommending people because if you end up disappointed then I'd feel bad for putting you onto them but I hear a lot of people use wheel em in on English st as they powdercoat which will last better than painting

I drive a black fabia greenline 2 estate and will have a word with wheel em in. Thanks for the suggestion and would never hold anyone responsilble for any recommendations.

Edited by Pacman70

• 2 weeks later...

Well after running around for a while with odd mirrors on i have finally got around to doing the drivers side and both are fitted up and working but they did need a bit of work to get them to fit so if you like them then don't go logging onto ebay and buy some then complain they dont fit as phisically they are very different and mount completely different and wiring isnt plug and play but they can be made to fit as i have done but they are by no means perfect as i'm no expert in body repair and if need be i will eventually get a friend of mine to do a better job of them when he fills over the wing repeater holes but they will do for now but they are wired up so movement,heating,indicators and puddle lights are all functional :)

anyway heres some pics,comments welcome good or bad

DSC_0056-2.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061-2.jpg

DSC_0063-3.jpg

DSC_0064-2.jpg

DSC_0079-1.jpg

• Like 1

@slimwonder.. that fabia on pinks looks nuts!

i remember your newbe from that "croydubs" meet. i gave you a card to get your paintwork de swirled. :)

• 1 month later...