Fitting arm rest to an Octavia VRS??

Has anyone ever fitted a centre arm rest to octavia VRS? I have ordered all the bits from my local Skoda dealer, but he has said that it can be quite a difficult job. :confused:

I have done a quick search through the forums and can't see anything, so I

Did it on mine......pieces of advice,

Get both front seats as far forward as possible and work from the back seat. I had to fabricate a bolt so as to hold the handbrake mount in place, because it utilises the handbrake mounts, then a small gap with a nut on to support the armrest bracket and finally a nut on top....if that makes sense. As previously mentioned you will have to loose the coin tray and temporarily remove the rear ashtray.

Doing the bolt thing has given it a stronger feel to the standard bolt and wobble fixing supplied.

HTH

/G

Has anyone ever fitted a centre arm rest to octavia VRS? I have ordered all the bits from my local Skoda dealer' date=' but he has said that it can be quite a difficult job. :confused:

[/quote']

Can't offer any advice, but I'm also considering doing this.

Have you got a digi camera? Fancy taking a few photos along the way and posting a guide once your done? Also a list of the parts you used (although this has appeared on here before, it'd be useful to have it all in one place).

Good luck

• 6 months later...
dont octy Vrs's come with a center arm rest as standard? or is that another difference between ireland and uk? I havent seen one over here without an arm rest!!

k:)

Its a difference between Ireland & UK, overall thought I'd say the boys in the UK come out with a better deal :(

just bought one of those mate, to fit in my ambient octy.i am having a few probs with it but the guy from that place has said he will sort it.the probs are,cig lighter catches the bracket and also the plastic trim seems to be too long so the bracket halvs wont come together.alsoi dont think the ashtray at the back is gonna open when it is in,but watch this space.also if you do get a good one they are really easy to install.give us a shout if you want to know how.jon

Wish I'd read this thread this morning as I've just ordered one for my Octy VRS. Seems like I should'nt have bothered as looks like a pig to fit!!! :thumbdwn: . Ah well, will have to wait and see what it's like and if no good, return it!!!!!!!!!! :(

i've just bought one, think its a real one. that reminds me i need to pay for it!

Thing with the fag lighter is that on the golf its built into the ash tray so that might be why your having problems. Eddy did yours fit ok?

As said, the copy ones are VERY VERY poor quality. They are not exactly the same dimensions, as said, and are a pain to fit. Also, the "leather look" which they use, is absolutly rubbish, it'll start peeling in days.

Mine fits fine because my car came with it as standard. However I have removed and refitted it due to changing the handbrake lever and there's no problems with the cig lighter or anything else. I've also fitted a genuine one to my previous golf without problems.

As others have mentioned the replica ones really should be avoided, from what people who've bought them have told me they are very poor quality both visually and in fit. I've also heard they break quite easily once fitted and in use. You should be able to pick a genuine one up at a breakers quite easily as they were fitted to alot of Golf's and Bora's.

eddy h,could you give me the dimensions of the plastic trim where it goes through the centre console,i checked mine against a mk iv golf and the gold was much bigger.thanks. jon