Yeti 16" Steel Wheels

Sandy.Rogers

Got told this afternoon that our car is due in to the Dealership Tuesday afternoon. I therefor decided to get some steel trims for the Vreds that I bought in Summer.

I priced the steelies in Summer at £41(ish), today I'm being quoted £71. They are referring to them as 'Winter Wheels!' What the hell is that all about? Any other time Steelies go for next to nothing!!

Anyt one know where I can get cheap Steeies for a Yeti - 16"

http://www.ebay.co.u...30485?pt=UK_Car

But these are 6.5 J think 7J are better.

so

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4aad2ee281

10 left, pretty sure this is correct size but do check.

Firstly, many thanks for responding so quick.

Secondly, I've got 'Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme, 205/55/R16 94V M+S tyres' and I wouldn't have an igloo the wheels were right or not :no:

Here is The Plumbers excellent guide, all the info you need on here.

The 7J on the Ebay link are the exact ones I bought from Parks Skoda for £42 each, so for an extra £16 you get them delivered :thumbup:. I have 215 60 16 on them.

http://briskoda.net/...-and-rim-guide/

Edited by servicepoint

Hi Sandy

I bought my 7Jx16 Steelies from 'number1forskoda' - which is the ebay page for Rainworth Skoda. I paid the same price (at end of October) as they are being sold for now - I think your dealer is taking advantage of the colder weather...

Rainworth were good to deal with and had the wheels out with their courier on the same day as I ordered.

Does the £71 include fitting your tyres? My local tyre fitter would have charged me £10 per wheel if I had not purchased my tyres from him.

The Plumber's guide suggests that either 205/55/16 or 215/60/16 tyres are OK for the 7Jx16 wheels (although only the 205/55/16 can then be fitted with snow chains).

Having had a little dabble in the small amount of snow we had in South Wales last week I am impressed.

Edited by Shmike

Got told this afternoon that our car is due in to the Dealership Tuesday afternoon. I therefor decided to get some steel trims for the Vreds that I bought in Summer.

I priced the steelies in Summer at £41(ish), today I'm being quoted £71. They are referring to them as 'Winter Wheels!' What the hell is that all about? Any other time Steelies go for next to nothing!!

one thought is this may be the wheel plus Rif trim price as that is what I have been quoted. 41 for wheel and 30 for trim.

When I bought my 16" steels in January, the dealer tried the VW parts nos for comparison & found that the VW steels were around £12 +VAT more expensive than the Skoda equivalent. So I got my genuine Skoda steels at £41 and a few pence + VAT. There was also a price difference between black wheels & silver painted ones, though i can't remember how much extra the silver ones were at the time.

The wheels have the Audi rings, Skoda emblem & VW stamped on them, so they are clearly the same wheel.

Hope this helps!

Edited by speedsport

does it have to be steels, would you consider buying a set of alloys as winter wheels, ebay probably best bet for a decent set of used alloys in good condition for less than the price of those steels.

Lots of people have, just need to get the right PCD & offset. Skoda official winter wheels are the Spectrum 16" alloy wheels.

I have a set of 6J 16 ET50 steelies sitting in my garage. I was thinking of putting them on ebay for £25 each but can't be bothered with the hassle of trying to post them. If you can come up with a bright idea of shipping them then you're welcoem to them. If you're in Cumbria I could even meet half way somewhere. :thumbup:

I have a set of 6J 16 ET50 steelies sitting in my garage. I was thinking of putting them on ebay for £25 each but can't be bothered with the hassle of trying to post them. If you can come up with a bright idea of shipping them then you're welcoem to them. If you're in Cumbria I could even meet half way somewhere. :thumbup:

Try a parcel courier service such as;

My link

Cheap and simple. Probably all you need is to wrap each one in a black bin liner and stick a label on it; they collect and deliver.

TP

Try a parcel courier service such as;

My link

Cheap and simple. Probably all you need is to wrap each one in a black bin liner and stick a label on it; they collect and deliver.

TP

thanks, yes I have used them before but I was under the impression the wheels would need a bit more wrapping. I couldn't be bothered trying to find appropriate packing but if it's just a matter of bin bags......

They will insist on proper packaging. Brown paper wrapped around them at a mimimum.

The driver will not take them if they aren't suitably packaged.

that's what I thought. So the original offer stands to the OP. I can meet you half way between here and Cumbria if you fancy. Abington services? or somewhere on the M74.

For what it is worth when fellow member Merlinsfriend bought my old steel wheels the courier company he got (via a bid website if memory serves) did NOT want the wheels packaged or wrapped. I was not comfortable with that so I did put some cardboard over the steel centers, wrapped them in black bags and stuck labels on them all with the address and also package 1/4 up to 4/4. He just shook his head when he picked them up! :giggle: He also did not want them to be tied in pairs either. They are heavy!

does it have to be steels, would you consider buying a set of alloys as winter wheels, ebay probably best bet for a decent set of used alloys in good condition for less than the price of those steels.

I originally tried that (cos I would've preferred alloys) but I panicked over getting the right PCD & offset, etc, etc and bottled out!

Many thanks for your very kind offer which I sadly have to turn down - who says the Spirit of Christmas is dead. :sun:

The Dealer has offered 4 x Steel rims, fit my tyres, valves, put the wheels on the car and balance them, all for £170 plus VAT. I now hope to pick up my car Friday as soon as possible after I've accompanied my Grandson on the Laal Ratty (small guage railway) Santa Express starting at 10:00am. It's going to be the longest '45min journey up the valley and 45min back down' of my life - I hope Santa isn't late!! :sweat:

I originally tried that (cos I would've preffered alloys) but I panicked over getting the right PCD & offset, etc, etc and bottled out!

Many thanks for your very kind offer which I sadly have to turn down - who says the Spirit of Christmas is dead. :sun:

The Dealer has offered 4 x Steel rims, fit my tyres, valves, put the wheels on the car and balance them, all for £170 plus VAT. I now hope to pick up my car Friday as soon as possible after I've accompanied my Grandson on the Laal Ratty (small guage railway) Santa Express starting at 10:00am. It's going to be the longest '45min journey up the valley and 45min back down' of my life - I hope Santa isn't late!! :sweat:

Looks like Santa's has come early for you good luck on Friday, hope the hand over goes well and enjoy your new yeti

I originally tried that (cos I would've preffered alloys) but I panicked over getting the right PCD & offset, etc, etc and bottled out!

you've nothing to worry about as long as they are 5x112 and the pcd is the same, loads of choice..

it's not important to have exactly the same offset, you'll probably won't feel or notice any difference if they stick out a few mm's.

I had 38mm offset (standard is 43mm), those 5mm made no difference to the handling at all.

you've nothing to worry about as long as they are 5x112 and the pcd is the same, loads of choice..

it's not important to have exactly the same offset, you'll probably won't feel or notice any difference if they stick out a few mm's.

I had 38mm offset (standard is 43mm), those 5mm made no difference to the handling at all.

But it might make a difference to the insurance if they aren't the approved Skoda fitment!

But it might make a difference to the insurance if they aren't the approved Skoda fitment!

it depends on the insurance company, for some companies it's no difference if they are oem wheels, but the premium may increase if they're aftermarket wheels, best to check.