Pictures of Iron-X on my summer wheels - fantastic results

Nick P

I've mentioned previously how great Iron-X / Iron Cut is. I thought I would post some pics of using it yesterday on my summer wheels. Although the visible parts of the wheel are kept pristine, the insides of the barrels of these wheels haven't been cleaned since June and with my Porsche brakes, they get serious amounts of brake dust.

I simply pressure washed the wheels, washed them with a microfibre wash mitt and some normal Gold Class shampoo. Then I lightly dried them and one by one, gave them a really light spritz of Iron-X. I left it on for a couple of minutes, wiped over with a damp microfibre cloth and rinsed them off, leaving a perfectly clean wheel.

Even though the outer parts of the wheel looked clean, the Iron-X still removes plenty of deposits...

Photo0023.jpg

Moving onto the barrels - After washing and scrubbing this ring of brake dust / rust remained...

Photo0024.jpg

Photo0025.jpg

Photo0021.jpg

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0027.jpg

That really does look impressive! How much is the product? My wheels are filthy!

This stuff is the same, cheaper and doesn't smell as bad! Have had both and there is no difference between them. http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/wolfs-chemicals-decon-gel-cat4.html

Cracking stuff and have done my summer wheels today too although i haven't de-tarred or decon'd yet but at least they are clean and now on my wheel tree (apart from my kerbed one which i need to get the tyre removed and refurbed :'( )

Edited by jrw

Nice work Nick and also nice to see the product being used as it's intended, some people just chuck it on a dirty wheel and expect it to work first time, best to clean the wheel and then apply the product, nice wheels BTW...........;)

This stuff is the same, cheaper and doesn't smell as bad! Have had both and there is no difference between them. http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/wolfs-chemicals-decon-gel-cat4.html

Cracking stuff and have done my summer wheels today too although i haven't de-tarred or decon'd yet but at least they are clean and now on my wheel tree (apart from my kerbed one which i need to get the tyre removed and refurbed :'( )

Do you really think this product works as well as Iron-X, haven't found it to be as effective TBH......:(

Nice work Nick and also nice to see the product being used as it's intended, some people just chuck it on a dirty wheel and expect it to work first time, best to clean the wheel and then apply the product, nice wheels BTW...........;)

Do you really think this product works as well as Iron-X, haven't found it to be as effective TBH......:(

Yeah i reckon so.....haven't really got much on mine being a 10reg though and polished and waxed from day one....same with swmbo car and my dads :giggle: