Zero percent VAT deal to continue to March 2012

lol-lol

Zero percent VAT deal to continue to 31st March 2012.

Not sure if there is a price rise though, any info?

Was guessed at to be about 2%. Brochures with prices may not be around until Jan 3rd I guess but be nice to know earlier if anyone has a source?

lol

=========================================================================================================================================================================

This offer is valid until 31st March 201

0% VAT model exclusions: Fabia 1.4 SE, VRS and DSG. Octavia Scout and 4x4. Superb Estate all diesel models. Roomster DSG models. All Yeti models

0% APR Representative model exclusions: Fabia 1.4 SE. Fabia S, SE, SE Plus, Monte Carlo, Greenline, VRS and DSG models. Octavia S, SE, SE Plus, VRS, Greenline, Scout and 4x4 models. Superb Hatch S, SE, SE Plus. Superb Estate all diesel models, S, SE, SE Plus Petrol models. Roomster S, SE, SE Plus, Greenline and DSG Models. All Yeti models

========================================================================================================================================================================

Mazda are currently doing a similar offer, but their 0% can be over 4 years instead of two

Also appears to be lots of exclusions in the Skoda offer - when I got my Monte Carlo in September it was VAT free AND interest free :)

Mazda are currently doing a similar offer, but their 0% can be over 4 years instead of two

Also appears to be lots of exclusions in the Skoda offer - when I got my Monte Carlo in September it was VAT free AND interest free :)

Is it your Monte Brim or the wifes?

Thought you had that Black thing with the Girlie, sorry Goldie bits emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I was really wishing they would have the Fabia VRS back in on the VAT free offer. I convinced myself the VRS was the car to have when I test drove one back in October. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

I was really wishing they would have the Fabia VRS back in on the VAT free offer. I convinced myself the VRS was the car to have when I test drove one back in October. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

You can still get the Monte VAT free (so long as you don't want DSG) and I think the Monte looks every bit as good as the vRS and from some angles better.

The exclusions make me laugh especially the 2 years 0% finance, it rules a heck of a lot out! I think Skoda are getting a bit carried away and believing their own hype.

You can still get the Monte VAT free (so long as you don't want DSG) and I think the Monte looks every bit as good as the vRS and from some angles better.

The exclusions make me laugh especially the 2 years 0% finance, it rules a heck of a lot out! I think Skoda are getting a bit carried away and believing their own hype.

Yes I read it the same way, what does the 0% interest apply to? Is an Elegance now cheaper than an SE?

Still no sign of the 2012 prices on any sites I have looked at.

They should and will do some much better finance deals in Q1 does not start well as VFS can borrow money at hardly any interest rate ie 1.1% or so!

It's not the looks I'm after, it's the mechanicals. With the vat off it was a fantastic deal, especially over 2-3 years as I couldn't run that car out of warranty just incase the worse happened. I've been watching vRSy's thread and it's a very capable car with minimal outlay. I just fancied a bit of fun before I settle down with an old man estate.

It's not the looks I'm after, it's the mechanicals. With the vat off it was a fantastic deal, especially over 2-3 years as I couldn't run that car out of warranty just incase the worse happened. I've been watching vRSy's thread and it's a very capable car with minimal outlay. I just fancied a bit of fun before I settle down with an old man estate.

Yes you can hardly call Skoda cars as lookers compared to much of the other cars out there ie Alfa, Citroen, etc but then they are not German quality. The warranty at only 60K is rather poor these days and why I change the cars at 18 months as I have racked up 60K mileage by then. Several other cars manufacturers give 100K miles warranty and it is poor of VW-Audi Group not to do the same. Companies like Hyundai/Kia, the fastest growing car manufacturer in the European market, will continue to win customers because of this.

I had a turbo go at 63K miles, fortunately VAG paid for all the parts. Car was only 2 years old but I had done a lot of miles. If a manufacturer is not confident of their product at over 60K miles then why should I be?

Had to sign in for a rare post and rant.

Just had one of my occasional looks at the Skoda website and ended up at the "Offers" page.

Why don't they just put "If we can sell it, it isn't on offer"

Guess I'll be keeping the old faithfull Octy 1 a bit longer.

End of rant and a Happy New Year to all.

............you could go for an old man vRS estate........?

Hi All

I will ask a question I suspect I know the answer to! I have a 1.8TSI Yeti on order (been waiting since Sept, which isn't unusual!) ,when it eventually arrives (hopefully later this month - Jan; but I'm not holding my breath!) will I have to pay the new price, ie after the price rise or the price at the time of deposit in Sept?

I ordered the YETI to replace my 53 plate Octy TDI estate, which has been a great car. I really struggled getting any type of a deal out of the dealers: no 0% VAT or 0% APR on the Yeti!! My own fault for going for such a popular model - hope I don't live to regret it; the Yeti will have a lot to live up to after 8 years and 90k of trouble free motoring from the Octy!

Regards

Charlieian

• Like 1

Hi All

I will ask a question I suspect I know the answer to! I have a 1.8TSI Yeti on order (been waiting since Sept, which isn't unusual!) ,when it eventually arrives (hopefully later this month - Jan; but I'm not holding my breath!) will I have to pay the new price, ie after the price rise or the price at the time of deposit in Sept?

I ordered the YETI to replace my 53 plate Octy TDI estate, which has been a great car. I really struggled getting any type of a deal out of the dealers: no 0% VAT or 0% APR on the Yeti!! My own fault for going for such a popular model - hope I don't live to regret it; the Yeti will have a lot to live up to after 8 years and 90k of trouble free motoring from the Octy!

Regards

Charlieian

Whatever price you agreed to pay when you completed the paperwork for the order is the price you will pay. They can't alter it retrospectively because of the price rise.

Whatever price you agreed to pay when you completed the paperwork for the order is the price you will pay. They can't alter it retrospectively because of the price rise.

Many thanks for that, I was concerned that although we (the dealer and I) are in a contract, so price has been agreed, there may be a 'get out'; especially as nowa-days it always seems to be: f*** you pay more!. To be honest if the wait lasts much longer, I may consider changing the order for a Octy VRS. Although not an estate this time, as the kids are older, I don't need that level of space anymore: style over practicality!

Regards

Charlieian

My local dealer has a New Fabia Vrs for sale, few extras 5 quid short of £18K

Far to expenciv and I've told 'em, Skodas are getting over priced, no VAT free either.

Not far off the 2 litre diesel Audi A1. Mad really. Did Audi do Skoda any favours with refusing the 2 litre diesel and then Skoda designing (did they really come up with this in-house) a thiner higher design for the car.

Looks to me that Skoda has not raised the prices at all, on Superbs anyways, any others range prices changed any one noticed?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.