Driver Experience Days?

Reavenger

I'm currently weighing up one of these and thought I'd ask for opinion. The one I'm looking at specifically is this one:

Thruxton Aventador + 458 Day

Problems I have with it are that it would be over too quickly. 2.5hrs for £425 seems a bit steep even if we are talking about 2 of the best cars in the world.

Anyone got experience of my predicament? Worth the money?

I'm currently weighing up one of these and thought I'd ask for opinion. The one I'm looking at specifically is this one:

Problems I have with it are that it would be over too quickly. 2.5hrs for £425 seems a bit steep even if we are talking about 2 of the best cars in the world.

That seems expensive , if its anything like the one i did at Oulton Park it will disapoint , at oulton they stuck a 4000rpm rev limit on the Formula Palmer Audi we were driving , it was like driving to work , no speed , no thrill not even a decent noise , the thing was like a Scalextric .

Take your car to a track day , you could destroy the tyres and replace them for that sort of money .

Supercar ones are not really that great and that one sounds very expensive. The day takes 2.5hrs but there's a good bit of waiting around and you'll only drive each car for 10mins max.

For some proper value for money, do the Silverstone Single-Seaters. 40mins track time with nobody sitting next to you asking you to slow down. Less than £200 :thumbup:

I wouldnt bother, you get much more value and much more fun using your own car on track.

What usually happens with experience days, is you'll be part of a large group sharing the same car. So during the time their you'll spend a lot of time sitting around as the rest of the group go round in the car for a few laps before you get a go and more sitting around after before getting another go. There will be a rev limiter set so you cannot go quickly, so it will be nothing like driving in the real world.

well if its any help i went to a gtr thrill day you get to drive a nissan gtr for 4 laps with a co-driver next to you it starts off you have a induction (bout 20 mins) then you have a breif outlay of the track driven slowley round in a focus st then you have your 4 laps in the gtr ive not been to one before but for 85quid it was well worth it from start to finish your there bout 3hrs the company is everyman racing they have there own website

ps yh think its a lot of money but spose it all depends on how much of a petrolhead you are a mate of mine spent 600 quid to see a f1`grand pre once !!!!!!!

My mrs has bought me one, at silverstone, get to pick from 7 cars including a single seater race car and a rally stage. Not sure how much it was, its for xmas. My mate did one in a lambo and he loved it! I supose depending on which car you choose will depend on how fast they let you drive it!

Ill be doing it later in the year when i can afford to get my car mapped, poss go to unit18 make a weekend of it

Really want to do something like this but most cost a lot and you don't get much for you money. I know my local track (Pembrey) has single seaters to drive and I'm sure it's less than £100. Want a go in something seriously fast though