what tyres

darren9

Posted in the Octavia section 1st as I've never scrolled down far enough to see the tyre section.

This has probably been done to death but I've tried searching and gone through a few threads but can't find my answer.

My MKII Octavia VRS came with nasty, understeery, noisy budgets which are completely hopeless at clearing any sort of moisture.

I want to replace all 4 tyres. I have a budget of about £400 but could rise by another £100 if need be.

What are peoples reccomendations in this price range?

Anybody know of any deals on at the minute?

Thanks

Would help if you mentioned what size so i can have a look round for you m8.

At that budget i'd say falkens 452's,lots of people rate them including myself. stay away from Kuhmo's as they wear out really fast.

• 4 weeks later...

may be worth calling ATS as they are doing some very good deals on mitchalins at the moment.

Ive just got 4 165/70/r14 for the fabia £240.00 all in. budgets were coming in at £220.00

you never know give them a call

I got through 2 sets of Rainsport2 tyres on my last car they were great tyres much better than the factory fitted NCT5's.I used to pay £75 per corner fitted for 205/45 R16 but i think they are now nearer £100 a corner.

Got my new Octavia vRS CR170 4 weeks ago, and was gutted that I got a puncture yesterday. I ordered new tyre which is a Sport Max Dunlop 225/40 ZR18 92Y, but Dunlop at the moment can't get these due to a backlog or something. The garage has ordered another Dunlop tyre with obviously the same specs, and said the only difference would be the fact it was a shame I have a new car, but one tyre slightly differed from the other three. I hope this is ok?

Goodyear Assymetric 2. Won some recent tyre tests

I had two sets of the original GY Assymetric's and swear by them for grip especially in the wet.

I second this! I have Assymetric 2's all round - they are excellent tyres. They're quiet, smooth and very, very grippy. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for and tyres aren't worth skimping on if you ask me!