How Fast are Briskoda?

PastyBoy

Not sure how interested people are, but I thought this may be interesting to some.

I downloaded the Vbox data and here is an example of what you get:

Lap plotted.

bedfordmap.jpg

Lap speed in red and G in grey.

bedfordlap.jpg

My (better) flying lap. I was working away in there. :)

http://youtu.be/bWVWD5mw7Zg

Sorry for:

1. Forgetting to plug the microphone in.

2. Unknowingly setting a jaunty angle.

3. Putting the camera in the back screen, which caused isses with light sensitivity through the windscreen due to the dark interior.

Next time I'll set it up and test if before I start, rather than during a quick break in practice!

And of course... my moment (no.2) by the pits. Didn't realise I was possibly over 90 degrees at one stage to the track! :peek:

http://youtu.be/wLhn-KL_W_A

• Like 3

Yep, that's how the "moment" looked from the pits too - more than 90" from track direction :D Only you can't hear the "THUNK THUNK THUNK" as cones were caught under your car. :D

Where's your video, Jase?

better get the camera out the windscreen before it all gets over recorded....

Edit: Damnit, already over recorded a fair amount. Luckily got the last bit of practise and timed bits in....

better get the camera out the windscreen before it all gets over recorded....

Edit: Damnit, already over recorded a fair amount. Luckily got the last bit of practise and timed bits in....

Get it downloaded then, before it's too late :thumbup:

I really wish I'd got some of my own now - in-car cam will have to be next on the shopping list

yeah. although having plumbed the two files into Movie Maker, I pretty much removed the overlap point. 4 minute file currently saving, then I'll upload tomorrow as a bit late now....

yeah. although having plumbed the two files into Movie Maker, I pretty much removed the overlap point. 4 minute file currently saving, then I'll upload tomorrow as a bit late now....

Look forward to it

OK - here's my video. Note 55 seconds odd in. Supposed to go left of the cones, not straight on and around the back :D No grip and ABS kicking in meant no way was I making that :D

what spec is curly's mk2 fabia then?

Modifications list extends to:

spare wheel and jack removal

adjustment to tyre pressures

And of course... my moment (no.2) by the pits. Didn't realise I was possibly over 90 degrees at one stage to the track! :peek:

that is indeed a big "moment" almost another 360 ;)

No grip and ABS kicking in meant no way was I making that

Racing driver excuse if ever there was one.

Just admit it - you were looking for a shortcut and it back fired :D

Modifications list extends to:

spare wheel and jack removal

adjustment to tyre pressures

It seemed to be very quick into the corners when I followed him. I wondered how much of that was the X diff (or whatever they call it?) as it did seem to cook it's brakes quite quickly. There was quite a bit of smoke coming off the inside front wheel when I followed it into some corners.

With uprated brakes that would be a great track day toy with the electronics, lower weight and good standard power. :)

I was impressed.

It seemed to be very quick into the corners when I followed him. I wondered how much of that was the X diff (or whatever they call it?) as it did seem to cook it's brakes quite quickly. There was quite a bit of smoke coming off the inside front wheel when I followed it into some corners.

With uprated brakes that would be a great track day toy with the electronics, lower weight and good standard power. :)

I was impressed.

I just tend to switch the t/c off on track in the wet or dry, the x diff just dabs the spinning wheel for t/c and its slower on track and if you leave it on the throttle is slow to pick up again. My brake pads and fluid were passed their best and it was looking like a nice damp day :happy: the smoke from the front wheel was mainly from the tyres not quite warm enough and I try to left foot brake to the apex and when the car is turning left unwaiting the inside wheel causes it to lock.

How did you find your accuracy of your data logger against the msv timing device?

Ah, so it was the driver, not the X diff. :)

I still say that with uprated brakes that'd be a hard car to catch.

The VBox was very accurate. Possibly a few hundreds of a second out, probably less.

So fine for circuit anyalysis if you were keen enough to take that and a laptop along to a track day.

It clearly showed there were a couple of corners I could have maintained more speed though.

It clearly showed there were a couple of corners I could have maintained more speed though.

Definitely my problem too - I always found the last two tough to judge which cost me a lot of time overall. But mine was simply lack of bottle given the conditions. Perhaps I should have thrown it on the grass a few times to make me realise no bad would really come of having a little off or two. :D