Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TFSI DSG Laurin & Klement

Hello everyone,

My wife's current car is a Mercedes C180 Kompressor estate, bought new in 2003. Now starting to rust (yes, they still do), clonking suspension, and the 'B' service is due in 4k miles so that'll be another £800+ then. Was going to replace it with another (new C-Class, or an E-Class, estate) but with the same options as the Superb L&K estate the Mercedes C-Class came to an eye popping £36,000 before any discount (and the Mercedes dealers are still snooty, believe me). And it's not even galvanised! So she drove a 2.0 TFSI Elegance estate and was stunned at the quality and the drive: she is thinking of the Superb L&K 2.0 TFSI DSG estate.

Is there anything I should know before I place the order and pocket the £10,000+ saving?

• Does the TFSI engine drink oil?
  • Is the DSG box reliable?
  • Are Skoda dealers any good?
  • etc..

P.S. I can't wait for the Mercedes dealer to call me back asking why they have not received my order for the C/E class... I know this is childish but at least the Superb wont (I hope) start rusting after only 7 years.

Hi, my Octys are both older than your Merc. They've been sitting on grass/mud for years with a 90 foot pond on one side & a paddock the other..... NO RUST!!

I think dealers generally are good but like people they all vary!

You might wanna repost your question in the Superb section for a more specific response? Hope you love it when you get it :thumbup:

My local Skoda dealers are beyond excellent (Progress). The TFSI engine afaik is good on oil, my sister in law has a TSI Yeti and it hasn't used any oil. DSG box is lovely, as is the Superb. I would have one in a heartbeat if funds allowed, and in L&K spec I would imagine it's motoring heaven.

Personally do not like that brown interior, there is a link near the bottom of page 2 in this thread of that exact vehicle 2.0TSI L and K.

At first glance the L/K package looks OK as it includes some options that nicely round off the Elegance.

But the way Skoda have implemented that brown! shudder

Personally I would suggest Elegance with some carefully selected options.

Hello everyone,

My wife's current car is a Mercedes C180 Kompressor estate, bought new in 2003. Now starting to rust (yes, they still do), clonking suspension, and the 'B' service is due in 4k miles so that'll be another £800+ then. Was going to replace it with another (new C-Class, or an E-Class, estate) but with the same options as the Superb L&K estate the Mercedes C-Class came to an eye popping £36,000 before any discount (and the Mercedes dealers are still snooty, believe me). And it's not even galvanised! So she drove a 2.0 TFSI Elegance estate and was stunned at the quality and the drive: she is thinking of the Superb L&K 2.0 TFSI DSG estate.

Is there anything I should know before I place the order and pocket the £10,000+ saving?

• Does the TFSI engine drink oil?
  • Is the DSG box reliable?
  • Are Skoda dealers any good?
  • etc..

P.S. I can't wait for the Mercedes dealer to call me back asking why they have not received my order for the C/E class... I know this is childish but at least the Superb wont (I hope) start rusting after only 7 years.

TFSI does not drink oil, in the 2 litre more so petrol (compared to the 1.8 TSI DSG)

6 speed DSG has been around a long time, around 9 years and is due to be replaced by 7 speed ones

Skoda dealers mostly very good.

Edited by lol

My own experience.

I have a 1.8 TSI DSG7 Elegance since almost 3 years and 99K km (and counting). Zero problems (apart from the filler cap door). Never need to put oil on it between services (30K, 60K and 90K km). DSG7 is lovely. My local Skoda dealer is excellent, they work very well and they don't seem to be doing you a favour, like the Merc guys.

Hope this helps :)

Personally do not like that brown interior, there is a link near the bottom of page 2 in this thread of that exact vehicle 2.0TSI L and K.

At first glance the L/K package looks OK as it includes some options that nicely round off the Elegance.

But the way Skoda have implemented that brown! shudder

Personally I would suggest Elegance with some carefully selected options.

+1 !!!

That sounds like a good engine choice as the petrols make more sense to buy with the no vat offer. I personally love the L&K brown leather. I've had no problems with my car yet, and it's done about 2500 miles

Edited by dobbey

• 3 months later...

I had rusty c class just under 8 years old heard about 30 year anti corrosion warranty got mercedes to repaint it free off charge,but was told by chap who returned it i just made it 30 year load of tosh said there cut off point is8 years.worth asking .i thought about another merc but opted for skoda suberb elegance,yes its suberb an cheaper servicing.

Okay, just confusing that in many countrie´s skoda site tells that it´s TSI, and then some TFSI....

You have both the 1.8TSI and the 2.0 TFSI in the uk.