Windscreen chips

greenstripe

Got a chip in my windscreen -well two actually, spoke to Autoglass and after asking for a detailed description they said that they were too small and too close together to repair and that they could not help me, but to get in touch if they got bigger or started to crack.

Should I just learn to live with them, get a second opinion or attempt some sort of DIY repair as I believe there are kits available for this sort of thing, which I don't know anything about or where to obtain.

The chips are on the passenger side of the windscreen and are well away from the edge of the glass. Here's a pic with ruler for scale.

Thanks in advance.

th_P1030621.jpg

Got a chip in my windscreen -well two actually, spoke to Autoglass and after asking for a detailed description they said that they were too small and too close together to repair and that they could not help me, but to get in touch if they got bigger or started to crack.

Should I just learn to live with them, get a second opinion or attempt some sort of DIY repair as I believe there are kits available for this sort of thing, which I don't know anything about or where to obtain.

The chips are on the passenger side of the windscreen and are well away from the edge of the glass. Here's a pic with ruler for scale.

Thanks in advance.

th_P1030621.jpg

Try RAC windscreens -I personally don't like Autoglass .

RAC windscreens don't seem to exhist anymore, RAC have been swallowed up by Aviva and all the old web-addresses for windscreens redirect you to the Aviva home page. Not keen on Autoglass either but who else is there?

They are to small to repair, my current car has several that size. You have 2 choices, learn to live with them or replace the screen. Keep in mind if replacing the screen, especially at this time of year you could well end up with more pretty soon given all the grit and salt on the road.

As above live with it , or replace, Autoglass good in my experience, whereas Rac put a wrong screen in my Lexus, ( no heating element) then damaged the seals, and then had to do a 3rd time to replace the seal, not good

• 1 month later...

just remember replacing a windscreen counts as a claim on most insurance policies and could increase premiums for the following year they dont tell you that in the small print

just remember replacing a windscreen counts as a claim on most insurance policies and could increase premiums for the following year they dont tell you that in the small print

Not any insurance company that i know of, having had various windscreens with different companies over the years.

Not any insurance company that i know of, having had various windscreens with different companies over the years.

A big number demand to know now, as well as repairs. Which an increasing number of insurers no longer provide FOC. Directline is £7.50 PER chip!

• 2 weeks later...

A big number demand to know now, as well as repairs. Which an increasing number of insurers no longer provide FOC. Directline is £7.50 PER chip!

Nah, I've never heard of that and when I rang around at the beginning of feb for quotes not on insurance company asked that, inc Avila, direct line, admiral and elephant.

Hastings are more than that,but given how few chips I get .the extras included in price and difference from next quote, I picked them .