LEGO, are you ever too old?

Tech1e

Anyone else collecting the Shell Lego series? So far we have the start line, tanker and f1 car :D filling up £30 at a time now as offer runs out end of Dec

Wish I was - mate got me the last set for my kids but my fuel card isn't with Shell so can't. :'(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought the new Technic Race Truck last week and finished building it last night - here it is with some of my other Lego bits:

WP_20150107_005.jpg

Is it good - yes it's OK. Is it difficult to build? No, quite easy. Is it full of technical stuff and does wonderful things with gears? Er, no. To be honest, the latest range of 2015 Technic models don't appear to "do" much at all, and I think Technic are losing their way slightly. In the past, I've built the Helicopter, Flat Bed Truck, Skip Lorry, Recovery Truck and F1 car. The Flat Bed and Recovery Trucks are quite complicated to build, have battery packs and have multiple functions, the Recovery Truck also has pneumatic stuff on it. But this race truck, is just a model. OK it has steering and an engine, but that's it, nothing really special. By the looks of it, the race car (LMP1 type) is also pretty uneventful. If you are looking for a complicated build with interesting features then I'd look for some older models.

Here are a few from our collection

IMG_2054Small.jpg

IMG_2366Small.jpg

IMG_2050Small.jpg

Mini Cooper is the next project :D

Got the camper van for Xmas so built and now awaiting a space to be cleared for display! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

All being well, have these little machines coming on Monday:

#75899 - Lego Ferrari LaFerrari

75899-LEGO-Speed-Champions.jpg

#75908 - Lego 458 Italia GT2

75908-LEGO-Speed-Champions.jpg

#75909 - Lego McLaren P1

75909-LEGO-Speed-Champions.jpg

#75910- Lego Porsche 918 Spyder

75910-LEGO-Speed-Champions.jpg

They all form part of the new Lego Speed Champions Range - the other items in the range are:

#75911 - Lego McLaren Mercedes Pitstop (including MP4-29)

75911-LEGO-Speed-Champions.jpg

#75912 - Lego Porsche 911 GT Finishing Line

75912-LEGO-Speed-Champions.jpg

#75913 - Lego Ferrari F14T & Scuderia Ferrari Truck

75913-LEGO-Speed-Champions.jpg

Great little range and a must addition for those motorsport/car/LEGO addicts amongst us.

Most looking forward to the McLaren to go with my recent addition of a custom made Ayrton Senna mini figure:

B9vK-byIYAAptQe.jpg

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 1

All being well, have these little machines coming on Monday:

#75899 - Lego Ferrari LaFerrari

#75908 - Lego 458 Italia GT2

#75909 - Lego McLaren P1

#75910- Lego Porsche 918 Spyder

They all form part of the new Lego Speed Champions Range - the other items in the range are:

#75911 - Lego McLaren Mercedes Pitstop (including MP4-29)

#75912 - Lego Porsche 911 GT Finishing Line

#75913 - Lego Ferrari F14T & Scuderia Ferrari Truck

Great little range and a must addition for those motorsport/car/LEGO addicts amongst us.

Most looking forward to the McLaren to go with my recent addition of a custom made Ayrton Senna mini figure:

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

You couldn't just lend the LaFerarri, the P1 and the 918 to Top Gear could you?

Where did you get them from?  They don't seem to be showing on the main site or maybe their search is just rubbish.

Think Lego were a bit slow to the party with their own website, I sourced from another online retailer ahead of the official release date (more by luck than judgement) but they are now on Lego site: http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Speed-Champions-ByTheme;jsessionid=B26EB3062FC9A6330882D06616767482.lego-ps10?bcBack=yes

You couldn't just lend the LaFerarri, the P1 and the 918 to Top Gear could you?

Yeah that would be great idea might be the only chance they get!

• Like 1

lending of the cars to TG -

Yeah that would be great idea might be the only chance they get!

But if you did, Lego would make sure you never get a chance to buy any future special edition lego sets.... ;)

Serious collection going on there now Coops, loving it!

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 2

But if you did, Lego would make sure you never get a chance to buy any future special edition lego sets.... ;)

Serious collection going on there now Coops, loving it!

Cheers, with all my other Lego its building up!

Loving the Senna minifigure!

You might almost have as big a collection of cars as Bossfox!

Senna figure was a little present to myself, custom made, first one they've done but now not so unique.

Collection is certainly getting that way - my Lego alone runs to 10 sets, that's without these and the kids ones. Mainly Technic.