No Satellites detected on Columbus SAT NAV

Can anybody help?

I have a Columbus SAT NAV and it has just started not detecting any satellites and therefore can't pin point where you are. Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I will try the soft reset tonight as the wife has the car today.

Thanks for the advise.

Try a soft reset, hold in the < and > and then press the speech button.

Edited by DaveJB

Same symptoms here - 2-year-old unit, started playing up before Xmas, being replaced under warranty tomorrow. Antenna is sound, the unit can see the satellites but not lock onto them.

Soft reset doesn't help, nor does an overnight powerdown. It normally starts the next day where it thought it was the day before, which is several hundred miles from where I really am... as you drive, it knows you're moving, but has no idea where it is, so it happily plots a course over fields, lakes, whatever. Once it booted up to Regensburg, which had me raising an eyebrow - but only the once. And then, once in a while, it'll suddenly get a lock... and then lose it a day or so later.

My suspicion is that the dealer upgraded some car software (CAN?) before Xmas as part of some other work, and it's now showing this problem. I can't think of much else, software doesn't normally just fail after a couple of years...

look up on Google "Regensburg syndrome", but, from what I've read this is a problem that is more common for A versions of the RNS 510.

Edited by Clodius

Thanks for all the ideas. I tried the soft reset last night and about 10mins later it had obtained a lock and the GPS picked up 5 sats out of 10. By the end of the evening it had lost most of these but was now plotting my route correctly. I will see what happens over the next week as I have booked it into the dealer for the unit to be checked.

Only if someone upgrades the firmware to one that doesn't support A units fully ............

Re: Regensburg, yes, it's a known issue on A hardware with the wrong firmware. That might be my problem - except it's worked fine for over two years, right up until just before Xmas when the dealer was tinkering. As I said, suspicious...

Anyway, I'd just like to say that my fault was fixed today with a head unit swapout. I'd *like* to say that, but I can't - the dealer apparently couldn't connect to the diags on my car "because your system is broken" and "bits needs to be replaced". Sounds like they broke the pins on the diags plug or something like that, since it took them all day to establish that they could do nothing whatsoever. These damned diagnostics, they seem to live or die by them - if a fault isn't showing, it can't be fixed, and if you can't log in, you can do nothing to the car (not even fix the wind noise on the driver's door, apparently ;-) ).

Back in two weeks for another go. Apparently RNS510/Columbus units are on back order anyway because of the number of them that are being replaced, so they're looking to swap units out of demonstrators in the worst case...