Mileage achieved on who's tyres ?

sparky2

The V70 is a trackday tyre. So that's a pretty good going wear rate really....

Yes not a bad mileage really! Used on various UK track days and the Nurburgring. The pic shows a brand new tyre after one track day. The tread is only about 4mm deep when new. I will normally run the until a slick but wet weather performance is a bit rubbish by then. I must say these tyres are great in the wet with full tread pattern (better than my rainsports 2's) as long as you don't have standing water like big puddles.

Got 45k out of Michelin Primacy sports on the front. Just changed them for some Primewell budgets, grip seems really good in wet or dry but they are noisy buggers :S :S

Got 33k out of my front Pilot Exalto 2's over 3 1/2 years, but they still had around 3mm on them so could've gone a bit longer. the rears still have 5-6mm on them. Not cheap but I've just replaced the fronts with Pilot Sport 3's (£115 ea)many say they are excellent for grip, but we'll see if they last as long.

Got 11k out of the front OEM Continentals and put 2 Bridgestones on.Yesterday I renewed the rears at 24k with Falken 452's which I have had put on the front,and switched the Bridgestones to the back, they have about 6-7mm left.

• 4 years later...

Update - Well the Michelin Primacy 3 98Y tyres need changing and I have only got about 24000 out of the rascals ! so wont be paying extra for Michelin again, I had a look on our forums the other week and somebody was recommending an all season tyre for the Scout that had very good wear out of them, trouble is I cannot find the post, I mainly use my Scout for towing our caravan and go onto fields a lot so the extra grip on wet/muddy grass would be an advantage, any comments - cheers Stuart

Hi All, Quick update, well I had them down to just above the legal limit of 1.6mm and managed 24,000, now gone for Dunlop Bluresponce 98y which get a good write up  so I will see how much I get out of these racals !