Toying with the idea of a reg number for the VRS.

BossFox

I'm toying with the idea of a personalised reg number for the VRS.

Don't want any other year identifier other than 09 though, because to me that's what should stay on it as it's a bit unique.

Don't want to make it look older or hide the year of registration.

But the car is set up to be a Q-car so I'm not sure if a VRS plate will make it stick out a bit.

Would probably get my two main initials, then 09, then VRS. Most people won't notice anyway probably...

What do you think?

Here it is on the current reg.

brands22.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine's got a 1959 Cheshire number on...

Sorry but I can't really see much point in a ??09 VRS registration - it's just money down the drain isn't it?

I think the only one I'd consider would be MY09 VRS but that's not available...

Edited by DRJ

Wow - more expensive than I thought too - not the £250 they used to be - these are coming up as £405, £620, or £815

My initials would be £815... :)

Edited by DRJ

I wouldn't go for a VRS one personally. Maybe initials plus 09, plus FAB ?

I'm not a big fan of personalised plates with the current date system on it though, really. They don't work as well as the old-style, or a dateless one (IMO).

Or another one ending 'FOX', to compliment your other plate?

Always loved private plates not to everyones taste tho... had mine since 1999 got a one off chance to purchase, so i snapped it up bin on many a car since then, will be going on the fab soon.. C 13URD.. :) :) :)

Wow - more expensive than I thought too - not the £250 they used to be - these are coming up as £405, £620, or £815

My initials would be £815... :)

There not bad buddy, mine cost me £480 back in 1999.. so they seem about right. :)

ive just brought mine about a 2 months ago spelling close to my name cost me £500 with all the fees plus 1 year retension

my name is ARIESS

the plate is AR12ESS

but like a plonker i nver read the small print the plate is actualy a 2012 plate and canot be placed on a car witch was made before febuary 2012 and my cars a 2006 lol but i guess im gna have to hold out untill i can afford a car made after 2012 but was worth the money and waiting as i dont think ill get one as close as this one is to my name. but i would leave your plate how it is as its wierd/nice to see a 09 mk1 fabia lol plus the plate isnt a horrible plate looks nice on the car

Richard I think you're on the right lines, keeping in form with the date and current style are the best kind of private plates.

Your initials-09-vRS/FOX would be cool.

You've actually got me looking now! Despite always saying theyre pointless. My perfect current style isn't available, but in prefix it is! £255 too. Tempting....

FA57 VRS would have been perfect...

But it would have made the car look 18 months older...

Which is why I'd like to keep something with the 09. I only know of one 09 mkI Fab.

But it would have made the car look 18 months older...

Which is why I'd like to keep something with the 09. I only know of one 09 mkI Fab.

Down to individual preference but I'd sooner a FA57 VRS plate than a 09 plate, can always be a temporarily thing, people know its a 09 plate anyway :D

I can't see why age is important these days - go back 20 years and there was much more fervour in having the most up-to-date registration - especially since they only changed once a year. But nowadays who cares?

(In the case of an 09 Mark 1 Fabia I suspect we're only talking about a very small number who would actually recognise the situation)

Edited by DRJ

FAB 1A

Would make a great one

It's the only one isn't it? However in a case of inverted snobbery I've actually found:

Your vehicle

Registration - FAB1A

Make - BMW

Model - 3 SERIES

Engine - 1995cc

Colour - WHITE

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(edit to correct formatting)

Edited by DRJ

At least:

Registration - FA57VRS

Make - SKODA