Gees RS Wagon

GeeVRSman

Splitter has been nipped and tucked. actually shocked on how **** it looked before in comparison to how its fitted now!

Before..

IMAG0448.jpg

and after

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

full bumper..

IMAG0449.jpg

pretty pleased with that, all i gotta do is get the bumper repaired now! lol

Grahame, that's an excellent build blog & the car looks sweet with that wide mouth look. Full marks to you for rescuing the old girl & bringing her into the modern era. I'm a big fan of rescuing & renovating the unloved! Cracking work mate!! :rock:

PS I really liked the Bora but you've already made the Octy better IMHO.

thanks for you kind words.. Please do call me G tho.. Graeme is left for the mother and wife when im naughty boy! lol

thought id pop up a pic of my trim now i finished it.

IMAG0472.jpg

i think it looks better than the trim that was there before. and the missis is happy coz she loved the cf wrap stuff. WIN WIN>

comments?

Im naughty! Gauge pods, Boost gauge, Oil pressure gauge, and a FMIC... the wife is going to kick my arse hole! i blame the forums! :rofl:

Edited by Gee-man
  • Like 1

lol i knew some one would do it!!

Pods and gauges turned up today so this eve i got jiggy with some nippers, heat gun.

I could not find a Specific Octavia a pillar pod so i had to improvise with a universal one.

uni twin pod

pod.jpg

As you can see its sort of flat ish (flatter than most as there curved) so this was a good base to start off with.

after alot of this..

IMAG0500.jpg

a little bit of this...

IMAG0503.jpg

got to this..

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

test fitted it...

IMAG0505.jpg

not bad..

as you see it in the drivers seat, quite visible and at the right angle.

IMAG0508.jpg

as you see it from passenger side

IMAG0510.jpg

i have 3 options now, i could spray it all black and leave it at that, i could get the filler out smooth it all and then spray it, or i could cover it in material. I have not yet decided what im going to do.

Gauges are

Digital volt / boost (psi)

Digital Volt / oil pressure. Both gauges show voltage for the first 90 seconds and then display boost and pressure. They will flash id voltage drops below what ever i set it too. Ideal for when im running my big HCCA subs. Also went to a body shop to have all my scratch`s sorted! Roll on some spare money! thats all for today! lol

Edited by Gee-man

I'll see if I can dig up the thread but there was someone on here that fabricated their own gauge holder using a single pod, tiger seal and a spare A-pillar trim. It looked OEM as well!

EDIT: It was Mark (Bowders), it looks freakin awesome

http://www.briskoda...._1#entry2639537

I come across that in my many hours of being on here, it did look spot on. I'm sat waiting for my son to come out of karate and I don't think these look to bad. I'll put a pic up when I get in. I been told by the wife that the car is not seeing another penny till I got a job so its to stay like this for now lol

IMAG0519.jpg

IMAG0518.jpg

mite change the screws for some black ones, and see if i have any black spray paint, other than that, it will do. i have seen worse.

Edited by Gee-man

so my Toyosports FMIC arrived today..

IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

Now to find myself some 57mm piping! mite take the bumper off later and test fit it...

Edited by Gee-man
  • Like 1

Guest BigJase88

im sure i have some 57mm stuff in the shed

got a length of 57mm stainless im sure and some random bends!

al have a look and let you know :)

Guest BigJase88

Just checked

Only got a 90 bend thats seen better days

2 lengths of stainless in 51 500mm long

Metre length of aluminium in 63

Then loads of 51 and 63 bends, even have some 83 silicone lol

Everything bar 57mm

Edited by BigJase88