Gees RS Wagon

GeeVRSman

Lot of bottle to buy it in the state it was, but seems to have gone to a very good home. I bought some leds for the door ajar lights but they too lit pink :thumbup:

Have you a link for number plate Leds , mine are super bright but once in a while, one does not come on, turn lights and ignition off, then on again then ok :wonder:

I've just semi-completed my audio install. Custom-built a box for a 10" JBL Power Series sub (tricky) and popped it in the left side boot compartment. I also have the false boot floor installed, and simply mounted my amp to the underside, close to the rear seats. I wanted to keep it as useable as possible. You can't tell there's even an install in there... until the stereo goes on! :giggle:

It was a must, seeing as the standard speakers are so crap. :doh:

I'd appreciate links to the LED puddle lights in the doors, and the rear numberplate ones if possible...

Oh, and those cargo nets- brilliant. Wouldn't be without mine!

Links up there blue vRS ^^^^ top of the page.

Body work was going to be sorted in the next few weeks but i was layed off today! :(

I like Vlad was looking at number plate links, not the door card Leds,cheers mate :yes:

those 501s are whats in my numberplate boys :):thumbup:

i have no links for the door LEDS as i bought then a couple years ago. they are just LED festoon bulbs :)

Edited by Gee-man

Cheers mate I have one dodgy one, it doesn't like me opening the boot,:giggle: It sometimes does not work after, but if I turn lights and engine off, then on again then ok,strange :thumbup:

Nicely done fella! I'll be going down the full LED route inside too. Already done my sidelight and numberplates and it looks so much better.

You know you're going to be buying coilovers for it though. :rofl: Every Volkswagen i've had before my Octy i've decked it. I think i've killed in total 4 exhausts over the years and i'm still yearning after getting rid of the arch gap on the VRS! It's OCD!

i already spoken to damo at DPM about coilovers. I will not be slamming it as im enjoying going over speed bumps, the arse end need to come down tho, once i have my HCCA and box in it will drop it about a inch i recon.

We will see.. need to get another job first.

Todays missions

1)Run Power lead for amps

2)Run 3x RCAs + Remote wire

3)install hands free kit + link it to head unit

4)loose feeling to fingers, toes and brain!

First of all i gotta say thanks to Rob with the Red RS for his website. I would not of found the hole in the bulk head without finding his guide! i did have a go at running the power lead the other day but could not find the gromit thats in EVERY other mk4 platformed car near where the AC pipes go into bulk head so i gave up as it was coldings.

i took the scuttle off to find alot of leaves,

IMAG0274.jpg

heres the little gromit which is very tight to get the cable through

IMAG0280.jpg

ran the wire down the cowling to the battery

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

my new pipe should be here tomrrow so i can extend my filter down to behingd the headlight so i should be able to re-fit my battery cover as it looks very ghetto!

a dollop of silicone to stop any water travling up the cable..

IMAG0286.jpg

and a sealed up bulk head

IMAG0288.jpg

power lead behind the glovey

IMAG0278.jpg

RCAs from head unit

IMAG0292.jpg

RCAs and power

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

before its said, these are all shielded RCAs and power lead so no need to run down either side of the car.... this aint the 90`s any more!!

into boot ready for distribution blocks etc..

IMAG0303.jpg

Had to do the school run at this point so the bass stopped there.

Edited by Gee-man

Whilst the dash was out in bits it would be silly not to fit my hands free shizzle. I do have a reversing cam that come off the bora but im going to need a different one for the estate as the 1 i got just will not look right. I linked up my bluetooth to the head unit, earthed out the head unit so it thinks im stopped so i can used all its functions.

Made a loom up for the hands free...

Fussed control box end and fed up the wiring under those big zip tie things that are under dash..

IMAG0296.jpg

ran the wiring to drivers side

IMAG0297.jpg

then hid it all under the foam..

IMAG0295-1.jpg

loom drivers side ready to be run to ignition and live..

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

speaker next to head unit behind dash. i prefer this sort of hands free as i have had damage to tweeters using the the "through speaker" sort in the past.

here is the location of the speaker..

IMAG0300-1.jpg

run wiring for mic

IMAG0306.jpg

mic near light.. matched head lining too!!

IMAG0305.jpg

Im going to run this wire the other side of the metal surround when i run my footwell and rear lights as it does not sit 100% snug and i was slowly loosing light and feeling to my fingers!

IMAG0307.jpg

ran wires to live and ignition (blue to ign red to live)

IMAG0313.jpg

then earthed it to this tricky to get spot..

IMAG0310.jpg

i quite literally did loose feeling to all fingers and toes so thought best to go indoors at this stage..

More to come tomorrow with amps and temp sub.

IMAG0377.jpg

ooohh.. so i had a hunting session under my stairs tonight as i knew i had some comfort indicators for a mk4. I was right.

Tomorrow (weather permitting) im going to attempt to fit it. anyone attempted this?

IMAG0377.jpg

ooohh.. so i had a hunting session under my stairs tonight as i knew i had some comfort indicators for a mk4. I was right. Red powerflex for the doggiebone as the yellow 1 i find a little harsh.

Tomorrow (weather permitting) im going to attempt to fit it. anyone attempted this?

Edited by Gee-man

been tinkering again today.. de chroming! looks loads better.

before....

IMAG0399.jpg

after

IMAG0401.jpg

on the car..

IMAG0402.jpg

Im going to redo it as im a tart. i could not get the grill into 3 bits so i had to wrap it as shown in pics. As a result i got a bit of chrome showing around the edge in places. (altho you really need to look for it) i know its there so it will bug me, annoying but ill get her to help hold it all still next time round i think. Goes well with my badge dont you think??

Comments welcomed.

EDIT: thread also in octy section as this didnt upload first time. seems the forum error has gone now.

Edited by Gee-man

thanks babs.. think i mite just spray it tbh.. changes the car i think. Im really feeling the wide mouth ready for the front mount as well. just need to find some mesh big enough

i been playing silly arses and went a bit mad with the left over wrap and lacquer..

last nights efforts..

IMAG0416.jpg

todays tinkering.

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0423.jpg

the cunning eyed of you will notice the gear surround is not wrapped any more. the lacquer went a bit gary glitter. i have ordered some more and will have another go! ill re do my grill as well. happy days.

the cunning eyed of you will notice the gear surround is not wrapped any more. the lacquer went a bit gary glitter. i have ordered some more and will have another go! ill re do my grill as well. happy days.

Just as well ... next time please make sure the 'carbon weave' all go in the same direction :giggle:

Sorry :blush:

done loads today.. Fitted a red powerflex dogbone kit, i now have a funny rattling noise but im sure it will die down once its settled. (sorry no pics of that)

The main thing is i broke my car..

IMAG0424.jpg

this ended up indoors...

IMAG0425.jpg

got my minions on the case..

IMAG0427.jpg

and then started making a mess!

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

and this is how its currently sitting..

IMAG0434.jpg

finishing off my wrapping and re doing my grill.. i done these as well to be different and to make the side vents darker.

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0444.jpg

ill will put more up when the bond is dry and i can move the book shelf off the bumper!