Gees RS Wagon

GeeVRSman

It will be getting a turbo back exhaust before it goes for a remap /rollers. Alot of the Jap boys use toyosport intercoolers as is my old scooby FMIC. seen here..

P131009_1748_01-Copy.jpg

trying to find pipe work is mega hard! Jase your a legend trying to help! nice 1 mate.

Mike ill pm you.

Ebay has all kinds of silicone bends.... :)

Ebay has all kinds of silicone bends.... :)

yeh i use AP motor store. its knowing what to buy is the prob, aint really got the money to be buying £15 pipe each for it to be wrong. i have hunted the internet high and low, i know i need the Forge map sensor flanged pipe but other than that i aint got a clue! lol some say, "thats why i bought a forge/ths kit, direct fit" granted this is true. But.. £600 when it can be done for a lot less with a bit of investigation and titting about. i like tittys.... :giggle:

• Like 1

Wooo hooo! Today my private plate went on! So its officially mine now!

IMAG0543.jpg

my boy got a Skoda vRS scooter,

IMAG0542.jpg

lol

Oh.. and i got a job!! worst 4 weeks of my life being un employed! which in my eyes means 1 thing... remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap!!

• Like 3

im not sure on Shark tbh. i have used R tech before and i like there maps. I like an aggressive map and the BS forum members car i went in last weekend i didnt find felt quick, that was running a shark stage 1. so im undecided atm. :wonder:

mite just turbo back it, get the FMIC on and go for the stage 2. :)

Edited by Gee-man

hahaha dude, i know this, this is why i didnt say it was your car lol (in no way meant no offence) still felt your power i just like a more aggressive map lower down the revs thats all mate. :thumbup: Your car is beautifuly looked after no doubt it goes how it looks! it will look even prettier Saturday!

Edited by Gee-man
  • Like 1

I believe the auto windows and lit needles both need VAG -Commander as this is not something VCDS can do.

From memory on a MKI VCDS can do:

Alarm chirps,

selective locking,

anti-hijack

Seatbelt warning chime (on some cars)

There will be other things I'm sure but it's been a while since I've done a MKI so these are off the top of my head.

SO does that mean that on my 03 plate i could select anti hijack so to speak and doors lock when move off?

my mate best mates old man has a vrs but saloon and year newer and that locks when he drives off, but standard motor....

well nothing to massive today.. a simple Fabia vRS badge on the dash like the old skool Audis and Quattro etc. Not to everyones taste i know but i like it,.

IMAG0590.jpg

Some toys comming next week as my Bora just sold on ebay. get the body work sorted and well. happy days.

• Like 1

Postman brought me some toys today! first was a HD DVR front facing cam that records and loops your drive so if anyone gets all ****tish and slams there brakes on or cuts me up etc and i hit them, i can prove it was there fault.

This a good little toy, comes with a screen mount 2.5" screen etc. It has a AV out too so im going to wire it into my Head unit Aux video input.

Second thing to arrive was these..

IMAG0598.jpg

IMAG0597.jpg

IMAG0596-1.jpg

Some nice green ultra bright LEDS. Plans for these are foot well lights front and rear, ambient lighting, maybe internal handle lights, and if i can be bothered, illuminated vents (like the bora has)

Then these arrived!

IMAG0601.jpg

IMAG0602.jpg

I just need to get a map sensor pipe from those robbing people from forge, and a couple of silicone reducers from my intercooler to pipework.

And to top it off, Today i got a full set of coilpacks from Skoda in Dartford. Hung about for half hour and it was all done. Very good service there also. AAANNNDD!! last but not least, Im popping down to see Rob from W8 Performance tonight... should have a mapped Estate in the next few days or so so im excited about that! Once the boras gone sunday, ill have it booked in at the body shop to make it look pretty!

Happy days! ill keep you posted!

• Like 1

So i went to see Rob @ W8 performance tonight for my remap. Great service very helpfull and full of advice!

Car goes like stink!!

Very nice map is the Shark!! :devil:

FMIC aint all here for starters, and i can worry about that when i go for stage 2.

R-tec, been there done that, prefer the Shark. shimples! :happy:

tried as i have today to install my oil pressure and boost gauges a mix of traffic, Wife/ children the clock ticking away i have failed. So i thought id see how this measures up.

IMAG0605.jpg

seeing another members install of this the a mk2 he had to re-drill the holes. The mk1 holes like up perfect so that 1 less thing i have to do.

i did how ever have to trim it a little bit as it does not fit.

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0609.jpg

Again, the school run stopped me from doing any more and it looks like its about to pee down.

My old cam from the bora which is the wrong shape to fit on the back of the octy i am going to poss mount to my front bumper behind the mesh and plug it in to the Aux video input just coz i can. will be good for parking in those mega tight spaces and flying down the motorway! lol

Just read through this from start to finish!

I must say, great work :rock:

Great that you rescued it from probably being broken for spares as well :thumbup:

Will keep an eye on this one.

• Like 1

thank you wardy, im glad i bought it tbh i like bringing cars out the gutter. Never been down the route of playing the stealth game as i always mod the gonads off cars, tho so thats quite exciting in a weird way.

only done thins today as i been a busy boy...

IMAG0615.jpg

Very productive day today.. Sold my bora so i finally have my garage back! wooo! I went about fitting my reversing cam. what a ball ache!

I took a few pictures so i will attempt to write a little guide for the mk1 as there is 1 for the mk2. so here goes..

1 ebay special cam..

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

IMAG0605.jpg

to fit the octy it needed a little trimming..

IMAG0608.jpg

like so..

IMAG0609.jpg

to get the 2 wires through the small hole where the orig 501 number plate bulb was a bit of a mission. i trimmed a little bit so i could get them through. After carefully doing this i realised the Camera would not fit in the hole! so a small bit of neat trimming turned into some hacking!! I found this easier to remove the trim altogether. There are 4 torx screws holding this in that are visable once boot trim is removed.

IMAG0631.jpg

Spot the clean bit!

I didnt get a picture o for the cut away bit. you basicly take away the slanted plastic that sits behind the light cover. Obviously dont go to mad and you only do the slanted plastic not the screw holes!

this is how the cam looked after i sealed it all back up from the rear..

IMAG0628-1.jpg

IMAG0625.jpg

in this pic you will see its slightly slanted. The is done on purpose. Reason being, the cam is not slap bang in the middle of the boot. This will give the impression that the cam in more in the center than it is.

IMAG0629.jpg

now unfortunatly i only had blue insulating tape. I think any colour than black looks un-tidy but it will not be seen any way. As you see in the first pic of the cam there is red and back wires. These are for the LED number plate light. I simply spliced into the old 501 wiring, soldered and insulated it up. i taped up the 501 holder alsoas without a bulb in its pretty much a naked cable. the 501 housing is still on the loom if in the future i need to return to a normal light. (after buying a new bit of trim obviously)

IMAG0632.jpg

Small zip tie to keep things tidy.

now i need to get the video and cam power wires connected. There wires out of the cam its self are only small so you will need to connect the loom that comes with the cam.

IMAG0633.jpg

I taped these up to stop any unwanted shorts and to keep them undoing from vibrations.

IMAG0634.jpg

cable tied them to the OEM loom again to keep things tidy.

IMAG0636.jpg

I continued to cable tie the wires to the OEM loom all the way down the tailgate.

IMAG0636.jpg

then you get to this bit!!

IMAG0638.jpg

now comes the fun part..

you need to get the yellow video wire and the cam power cable through this rubber gromet thingy. This was bloody difficult as you need to be carefull not to rip the rubber or mash up any wires inside it. The gromet is about 3" long once it goes into the car so that makes things more difficult also.

I opted for a cut wire coat hanger, wiggle and hope for the best option. I didnt want to cut the video cable at this point so i thought id give it a go.

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0639.jpg

I WIN!

this is where it pops out, you will need to drop the plastic trim inside the boot and gently pull the head lining.

IMAG0641.jpg

you will need to remove this screw to take off the plastic trim.

IMAG0647.jpg

again, followed the OEM loom and zip tied it..

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0644.jpg

trim back on, wires are here!!

IMAG0648.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

messy boot.. lol

IMAG0649.jpg

rubber thingy all back on, and im good to move on..

IMAG0642.jpg

heres how the cam looks on the car..

IMAG0643.jpg

I earthed it to 1 of the old CD changer bolts as i removed this. and power the the revers live wire. (Thick Black and blue)

you need to run the video to your screen. im using my head unit. Run the video wire (yellow phono) and a live switch from the reverse to the front of the car. Phono goes to your cam input, the live goes to the head units Auto switch.

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

ta da!! ill post a pic up in a bit. my dinners here now!!

• Like 1

That was a fat roast dinner...

heres a vid of it auto switching. :) Click!

th_VIDEO0003.jpg

Tomorrow im ordering the New 2012 Pioneer avh 4400BT. Im also getting a couple of 7" screens for the kids so lots of fun installing them! (not)

FMIC is on hold as i mite just get a zorst and go stage 2!! lol Compbrake DV ordering tomorrow too so things are moving swiftly

• Like 1