OEM Tyres

Ray_Green

I have Dunlop SP01 tyres on mine, I have done 22,000 miles so far and 4mm on fronts and 5mm on rears with even wear across the tyre.

A lot of motorway driving though, however I do notice when it is cold and wet and I have been driving for a while and stop for fuel, the back tyres steam and feel hot!

Changed mine (Dunlops) at 22k. They were probably good for another 2/3k, but winter was coming and I wanted to change to 4 Seasons before the snow arrived.

I've just replaced the original Dunlop Sport SP01 after 25,000 of mixed driving. I rotated them after about 12 months, the rears were down to the wear bars and the front's had 2.5mm left.

I've gone for Dunlops again, as they seem pretty good and were the cheapest (£137 fitted) against the alternative Pirelli P Zero's, Goodyear Excellence and I also considered Continental Sport 2/3's.

Edited by HKPhooey

Cor! You lot! I am as envious as old heck and a half. I've ONLY managed to squeeze 18k out of my Dunlops, and that was after probably about 2-3k of really questionable usage!

First tyre change was at 18k - done by Sinclairs as the most competitive at £125 each, then recently at about 35k I put on Conti winters - and again at Sinclairs who are storing the two Dunlops that have a few kkks left on them.

I must drive like a real gorm. My mix is mainly A roads of reasonable quality, a fair dose of C roads of really dodgy dugouts, cambers, corners, furrows, drains, and kamikaze welsh farm collie teeth to contend with. Plus not a few journeys up the M6 to Kinross and back. Also I have done a fair old mileage with a Yetiful of heavy kit on board, all of which will affect tyre wear. And I confess that I very rarely if ever check the tyre pressures. Tsk tsk.

In the 37k I've done I'm still on the original brake pads, fluid, and everything else as all that has been done at service has been oil change and stuff. I have, however, had to perpetually refill the diesel tank.....

Edited by Freshacre

Cor! You lot! I am as envious as old heck and a half. I've ONLY managed to squeeze 18k out of my Dunlops, and that was after probably about 2-3k of really questionable usage!

First tyre change was at 18k - done by Sinclairs as the most competitive at £125 each, then recently at about 35k I put on Conti winters - and again at Sinclairs who are storing the two Dunlops that have a few kkks left on them.

I must drive like a real gorm. My mix is mainly A roads of reasonable quality, a fair dose of C roads of really dodgy dugouts, cambers, corners, furrows, drains, and kamikaze welsh farm collie teeth to contend with. Plus not a few journeys up the M6 to Kinross and back. Also I have done a fair old mileage with a Yetiful of heavy kit on board, all of which will affect tyre wear. And I confess that I very rarely if ever check the tyre pressures. Tsk tsk.

In the 37k I've done I'm still on the original brake pads, fluid, and everything else as all that has been done at service has been oil change and stuff. I have, however, had to perpetually refill the diesel tank.....

It's them welsh farm collies they really hammer yeti tyres :rofl::rofl:

I covered 42K Kilometres on my Dunlop SP1's, that was mostly on Motorways and Urban roads with a small % of crappy surface rural roads. Then again I did not encounter any Irish cousins of the Welsh farm collies or carry any heavy loads. Most of the time it was just me on board and I did keep an eye on tyre pressures. There was still about 4mm left on the rear tyres and 3mm on the front when I changed to Winter tyres in November.

Edited by Photoemt

I've just replaced the original Dunlop Sport SP01 after 25,000 of mixed driving. I rotated them after about 12 months, the rears were down to the wear bars and the front's had 2.5mm left.

I've gone for Dunlops again, as they seem pretty good and were the cheapest (£137 fitted) against the alternative Pirelli P Zero's, Goodyear Excellence and I also considered Continental Sport 2/3's.

+1, identical to me.

Same tyre different car though (Octavia Scout).

As a side note I've yet to fathom why Skoda go to the trouble of designing and manufacturing vehicles like the Yeti and Octavia Scout, with complex and very capable 4x4 systems which are more than capable of taking you off the beaten track but then restrict that capability by specing sport saloon size wheels and tyres more suited to motorway driving :wonder:

For me it makes no sense at all.

TP

Tim, because they know that 99% of owners will never really take them that far off-road!

TBH I've not yet had a problem, even on the road rollers.

So why not just stick to straight forward 2wd 'Golf' underpinnings, if the design concept is more about visual effect than capability. Like the Fabia Scout and it's ludicrous 17" vRS style wheels :wonder:

Personally very pleased I don't have to put up with those 'road rollers' this time round :giggle:

TP

I have 16 inch Conti premium contact 2e's as stock on my greenline2 but cannot wait for them to run out really as they seem more than worthy as a tyre but I'm sure that they are one of the causes of very high cabin noise i experience in my yeti and i have had conti's before and they have also been very noisy on other cars i have owned

Also i cannot find anywhere on the net any information about them so i doubt they are a particular decent tyre so when i change them i going to look for a set of low rolling resistance tyres supposedly Michelen, Hankok and goodyear make some very good low mpg tyres.

Pirelli's seem to be the quietest and grippiest tyre i have ever used (got me out of a very large 80mph fishtail on the motorway once) but they ran out far too quickly on my old golf i think the furthest one went was 8000 miles max.

Edited by Yetigreenline2

The Continental WinterContact TS810 on the front and TS830 on back, I think are quieter than my dunlop sport 01 tyres. They also give better fuel consumption!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 16 inch Conti premium contact 2e's as stock on my greenline2 but cannot wait for them to run out really as they seem more than worthy as a tyre but I'm sure that they are one of the causes of very high cabin noise i experience in my yeti and i have had conti's before and they have also been very noisy on other cars i have owned

Also i cannot find anywhere on the net any information about them so i doubt they are a particular decent tyre so when i change them i going to look for a set of low rolling resistance tyres supposedly Michelen, Hankok and goodyear make some very good low mpg tyres.

I have the same tyres on my Greenline and agree that they do seem to contribute to the cabin noise. I had Michelen Energy saver on the Octavia and they seemed less noisy and also had a reasonable wear rate.