A cup holder i can use!

Raf_

If it’s the width of a DIN slot you should be fine. You do leave a gap though. I just love the lupo/arosa cup holders because they fit thight, look OEM because it has the exact same colour as the outer trim. I’m just a sucker for that. But if you don’t mind the gap you can always give it a go. Just make sure the width is the same.

19 minutes ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Can you swap out the heated seats controller?

I'd be shot if I got rid of those...!!

Why would you want to get rid of heated seats? It’s the main reason I got this car anyways :blush. But if you wanted to yes you could get the buttons out. But placing a cup holder there would be really inconvenient I think. Entirely up to you though of course.

1 hour ago, Ricktaal said:

Why would you want to get rid of heated seats? It’s the main reason I got this car anyways :blush. But if you wanted to yes you could get the buttons out. But placing a cup holder there would be really inconvenient I think. Entirely up to you though of course.

No no, other way around - I want to keep my heated seats, but the Lupo unit doesn't look to have the control dials for it, so I'd have to swap out my existing one.

52 minutes ago, Ttaskmaster said:

No no, other way around - I want to keep my heated seats, but the Lupo unit doesn't look to have the control dials for it, so I'd have to swap out my existing one.

The dials stay just as they are. They haven’t been changed in any way. Just install the lupo/arosa unit underneath the dials where the storage tray used to be. I’ve added a picture that shows what the situation was like before the install. It’s not the best shot but you’ll get what I mean.024CFAD8-8E34-40B5-8E8F-B099AE409DCB.thumb.jpeg.e1aa21ee5a55cd9f25f33aeaf0a9a7fe.jpeg

58 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

You'd block the HRW and ASR switches.

That’s only if you have those. I don’t have the ASR switch and the HRW is on the left (on a LHD octy anyways) so it should be a problem if you were to install just 1 cup holder.

On 30/01/2019 at 16:24, Ricktaal said:

The dials stay just as they are. They haven’t been changed in any way. Just install the lupo/arosa unit underneath the dials where the storage tray used to be.

Ah, right - It looked like it was all one piece.

On 30/01/2019 at 16:26, Ricktaal said:

That’s only if you have those. I don’t have the ASR switch and the HRW is on the left (on a LHD octy anyways) so it should be a problem if you were to install just 1 cup holder.

Sure, but on mine the blank is between ASR and HRW. The 4th position is the fuel filler release and that doesn't want blocking either.

3 hours ago, Antonsen said:

In what way, how and where did you have to "trim it"?

Did it do any impact on the functionality of the cupholders? :D

Doesn’t have any impact on the functionality. On the top/back of the cup holder there’s plastic pieces sticking out. With those in place it won’t mount into the slot of the octy (on a seat arosa or lupo they are used to secure the cup holder). So you basically have to trim those. Unfortunately I have already sold my octy because I’ve gotten a company car. So can’t show you exactly. But it’s fairly do-able. 

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Sure, but on mine the blank is between ASR and HRW. The 4th position is the fuel filler release and that doesn't want blocking either.

True, I don’t have ASR so if I wouldn’t have had heated seats there would’ve been 2 blanks. Then it would’ve been possible. However if you have either heated seats or the ASR switch then yes you would end up losing those.