Why so few green yetis?

fuzzybunny

Not too sure about the Rallye Green on the Yeti but definately Race Blue.... Skoda would just need to chuck in a 200+ BHP engine and a new spec is born!

Fantasy Green is the closest they have to Rallye green in the custom fleet colour section in Europe:

9663_fantasygreen.jpg

It sure is B R I G H T !

But they do have LOTS of other greens:

Army Green:

9611_armygreen.jpg

Pistachio Green:

9692_pistachiogreen.jpg

May Green:

9695_maygreen.jpg

Cosmic Green:

9040_cosmicgreen.jpg

Highland Green:

9693_highlandgreen.jpg

Khaki Green:

9639_khakigreen.jpg

Waterworld Green:

9598_waterworldgreen.jpg

Seagreen:

9696_seagreen.jpg

Olive Green:

9677_olivegreen.jpg

Agave Green:

9697_agavegreen.jpg

Mint Green:

9690_mintgreen.jpg

I did a google search on which colours of cars are the safest and came across this:

http://www.aaafoundation.org/pdf/CarColorAndSafety.pdf

The conclusion of the article being:

"When choosing a vehicle, the bottom line is that there is presently no scientific evidence supporting the selection of one particular vehicle color as the unambiguous best choice for safety."

I think this makes good sense, thanks for this.

Thanks to Johann as well for the links to green superstitions.

I still can't accept though that red is less visible than other colours, seems to me grey, silver and tarmac colour cars would be the worst for being visible.

As for green superstitions well:-

Seems to me that if someones reverses into a post in a red car then its the posts fault for being in the way!

If they are driving a green car then some smart alec will pop up and say 'ah its because you're driving a green car'

When we all know its because they are a crap reverser!!

Army Green:

9611_armygreen.jpg

Pistachio Green:

9692_pistachiogreen.jpg

May Green:

9695_maygreen.jpg

Cosmic Green:

9040_cosmicgreen.jpg

Highland Green:

9693_highlandgreen.jpg

Khaki Green:

9639_khakigreen.jpg

Waterworld Green:

9598_waterworldgreen.jpg

Seagreen:

9696_seagreen.jpg

Olive Green:

9677_olivegreen.jpg

Agave Green:

9697_agavegreen.jpg

Mint Green:

9690_mintgreen.jpg

Nice ones!...but I'll stick with Amazonian especially as it's no longer available....creates it's own individuality amongst us dark green car lovers :D

Well jumping lizards, I had no idea it was that scientific. I actually like the green for 2011 and I could easily see it on the “Experience’ with tan colored two-tone fabric seats with the fake wood grain trim. My gal preferred the brown exterior so we decided on white! No, not because we like it but the designer colors were simply not where we wanted to spend our accessory money. emoticon-0124-worried.gif

BTW: That Khaki green is some kind of sexy!

Edited by Saber

Army Green:

9611_armygreen.jpg

Pistachio Green:

9692_pistachiogreen.jpg

May Green:

9695_maygreen.jpg

Cosmic Green:

9040_cosmicgreen.jpg

Highland Green:

9693_highlandgreen.jpg

Khaki Green:

9639_khakigreen.jpg

Waterworld Green:

9598_waterworldgreen.jpg

Seagreen:

9696_seagreen.jpg

Olive Green:

9677_olivegreen.jpg

Agave Green:

9697_agavegreen.jpg

Mint Green:

9690_mintgreen.jpg

Given their complete inability to represent colour in the catalog or on-line I'd be quite willing to accept that those are different names and representations for the same shade of turquoise :)

Mine is green and looks just fine ; have gobi- mistake - looks nice but muckies up. I wanted green as car often left on riverbanks and fields etc and I wanted it to blend in for all sorts of reasons- less obtrusive, less likely to be noticed at distance by ne'er do wells etc . Unlucky - am aware of that folklore but my fern green GTI Mk2 was a cracker. And silver is soo last century......

Me too. Gorgeous colour!

That bright yellow is a bit over the top for my taste but it would look nicer if I were about 20-years younger. emoticon-0120-doh.gif

Edited by Saber

I can see the attraction of that yellow too - though I fear it might wear off (the attraction, not the colour) over time. Love the cosmic and highland greens though.