The Definitive Answer On Spark Plugs

Hy all, I'm going to change the plugs on my Octi over the week end and I have searched through the many threads on here relating to the matter. Some say Bosch, some NGK etc etc. So which make and number plugs are best for a stage 1 vRS? Also what is the torque setting for refitting the plugs?

Cheers

Howard

You'll get all sorts of answers to this - suggest you just pick one set and if they don't work so well on your car try something else.

Most either upgrade to the NGK BKR7E (gapped to .028 in) or the other option is Denso Iridiums, the IK20 (cheaper) or VK20 (expensive), not sure what they need to be gapped to though.

I opted for the BKR7E's but I am on LPG so going one plug colder was necessary anyway, and I am gapped down to 0.028 as well. I used to get all sorts of missfire problems and for a time I did worry that I had a cylinder on the way out, but since switching when it starts to suffer from missfire under high boost I just regap and all OK again :D

Spark Plugs

OE Plugs: NGK PFR6Q - .032" gap

For Stock Cars - .032" gap:

NGK BKR6E/6962

Autolite 3923

Denso Iridium IK20

For Chiped Cars - .028" gap:

NGK BKR7E/4644 (formerly 6097)

Autolite 3922

Denso Iridium IK22

>Tightening torque 30Nm (22 ft-lb)

>Tightening torque for Coil Packs 7ft lbs

taken from here

Hi mate first time I been on in a while, have you done this yet? If not, the octi deffo doesn't need them as the ones in there only have 1500 miles on there!

Hello mate. Hope your keeping well? Cheers for the heads up. I'll put the cash towards new rear pads and discs instead then.

Cheers

H