Which Colour to choose?

RO0

I have a muscovado ATM and love it but, like johann, when it comes time to change I will probably go for another colour.

Of the current colours I like the bronze and that new mid green as on the pics above.

White does look good but having owned white cars before, they take a lot of washing to keep them looking clean.

Bright, bold colours all the way for me! The Yeti benefits from this because of the window wrap-around effect, couldn't agree more with Bahnstormer vrs. I was torn between Storm blue, Steel grey & Silver. I decided against white fairly early on because for some reason I convinced myself that it's a currently in-vogue colour, & might date. The real reason was pure laziness as I thought I'd be constantly washing it. As it happens, I went for silver & am now constantly washing that! Looks great for the 5 minutes it remains clean though!

Shame we don't get these: http://www.skoda-aut...ours_fleet.aspx

Cricky; there are some cracking colours in this selection.

Why oh why oh why are we, Skoda UK buyer, persistently short changed with colours, specification and options; argh! :wall:

I share an unthinking vague prejudice about green cars and actually can't stand the very pale leaf greens old BMW's and Nissans suffer.

That Green is subtle, suits the car and I'd have one if -when you post a picture in natural light-it looks as good as that showroom lit image.

Is it regency green?

My favourite green car is not so different.............and for only aa couple of £million more I'd have one!

1961_AstonMartin_DB4GTZagato2.jpg

I lusted after this car when I was a teenager, (and the car was new), but I knew I would never afford to run one 'cos the 50 gallon tank would have cost me £12- 10s to fill.

DB4GT Zagato 1961-

If you want one of the I think 19 made £2 million is the ball park figure more, if it has a famous history. I too love the green of the WO Bentleys and the Le Mans D types.

I did think this Skoda green was reminiscent of the Aston Martin shade-and I do like it.

I've only ever owned 2 green cars, an 850 Mini Estate back in 1977 and a Series 3 LWB Land Rover Station Wagon in the early 90's.

Both cost me a fortune!!

Sheila HATES green cars, so no chance of having one.

Had a look on a few czech car sites hoping to see some of the bright colours in the link provided by myyeti, but none were to be found. lots of white grey and black though!!

My previous car was a black Octavia which kept getting 'hit' because people didn't 'see' it, I went for the most visible colour particularly in darkness which is white, besides I'd never owned a white car before, and didn't want to pay for the metalic paint options ( miserly, yes I know).

I've decided that it is a good colour to have - even camaflages the birds poo.

• 2 weeks later...
Cricky; there are some cracking colours in this selection. Why oh why oh why are we, Skoda UK buyer, persistently short changed with colours, specification and options; argh! :wall:

If it makes You feel any better - it's not only You -here are the Yeti colors in Estonia for example: http://www.skoda.ee/...ti-v%C3%A4rvid/

And talking about green Yetis, my father just ordered one (Malachite green they call it here). In the link above it shows wrong (older version) green though. It looks like my father will get the very FIRST green Yeti in Estonia :rock: (if noone orders green 2wd version - delivery times much shorter - in the meantime, that is).

Malachite-green.jpg

Edited by Hirundo

Hello, I'm new to this forum.....just run across it and decided to register to benefit from the collective wisdom!

We took delivery of our new Regency GreenYeti less than two weeks ago. I'd say that, of the pics above, the last one is closer to the true colour. The first pic makes it look a much lighter green than it actually is, I reckon (difficult to get a good shot with showroom lights, though).

Really it's quite a subtle shade - luckily we're very pleased with it, having only been able to see it on a swatch. The dealer hadn't ever seen the colour 'in the flesh' either.

Really interesting forum, thank you! You've solved my query about how to get the second speed display to read in mph - I see that you can't :sweat: . Bah.....

Really interesting forum, thank you! You've solved my query about how to get the second speed display to read in mph - I see that you can't :sweat: . Bah.....

Fougasse welcome to the forum and you get a double gold star for your first post NOT being about how to change the kph to mph and using the search function to find the answer! LOL EVERYONE asks that bloody question. So thanks for not asking it but finding the answer. :giggle: Hope we can help in other things.

And I'm just jesting. Even if you ask something that has been asked before we'll all gladly help. Enjoy the Yeti.

Fougasse welcome to the forum and you get a double gold star for your first post NOT being about how to change the kph to mph and using the search function to find the answer! LOL EVERYONE asks that bloody question. So thanks for not asking it but finding the answer. :giggle: Hope we can help in other things.

And I'm just jesting. Even if you ask something that has been asked before we'll all gladly help. Enjoy the Yeti.

Er.......Johann, How DO you change the kph to mph, anyway... ... ...

*Hides behind sofa*

Er.......Johann, How DO you change the kph to mph, anyway... ... ...

*Hides behind sofa*

George! You better be hiding very well! SMACK! You can't change it.

Graham will come along shortly to quote the EU regulations that stipulate why. :giggle:

Of course YOU cant change it but your friendly local VCDS expert can-and don't worry about EU rules -'cos you can then change it back via the maxidot controls.

Welcome!!

George! You better be hiding very well! SMACK! You can't change it.

Graham will come along shortly to quote the EU regulations that stipulate why. :giggle:

No, can't be bothered. But I have arranged with several members of a certain "gun club" to pay George a visit next time they're up on Epynt.........................................

• Like 1

Not that it's a bad colour but that's straight off of the 50s Hillman palette.

It's not, in the real life it is nice metallic colour which shades.

But who cares about 60 year old Hillman colours? :hi: Who in continental Europe has even seen Hillman's in the real life? :rock: Maybe some Imp's on 70's.

Edited by Grumpy Finn
  • Like 1