Si's BMW 323i coupe daily drifter!........new toy purchased.

SNH

That's **** dude was gna ask u to take me for a spin haha. Any parts that will my 1 series haha

Gutted dude!

I'm hoping to buy it back off the ins if they write it off, use it as a dedicated drift car.

Awh MAN. :(

... so, anything going spare..? Just kidding of course. You OK?

I'm sore and aching dude, laid up on the sofa with my little minions looking after me :)

I'm hoping to buy it back and use it just for drifting, depends on the damage etc. if its to bad I'll break it :)

Dammit! Really sad to see this :(

Even more infuriating is the fact that the Ford looks to be much less damaged...

Problem with the Bimmer is that the front crash structure seems to be damaged and nobody will be willing to repair it...

Did you get any trouble due to worn tyres?

Not got worn tyres, I'd got the standards on and had just left the tyre shop after having the others changed.

I was locked up swerving to miss the ford that's why it's only got wing/strut/wheel damage. If she'd have stopped where she was I'd have missed her, or if I'd have not swerved she'd have got it side on.

Tbh I'm not bothered if they don't repair it aslong as I can have it back, I'll either dedicate it to track/drift use or strip it and use/sell what parts I can.

You see, I am curious as to how it works when car is declared a write off. What do you have to do to get it back? Can Insurance Thieves refuse to hand you the car back?

If you do not claim it they obviously sell it to be broken or for scrap I suppose?

YOu car is abviously modified and the other party was a frail (?) granny driver. Did you get any giref because of theat i.e. "Oh look, another boy racer crashed into poor granny. Old Dear must have had a near heart attacke experience" or something along those lines ? :D

I was judged by the officer involved as soon as he saw me! A complaint has gone in to the local force now.

The car has gone to co part (salvage yard) today as the ins think it'll be a total loss (no doubt about it), I've told them no matter what the outcome is I want it back.

We shall see.