7 nights in PRAGUE September 2012 (official thread)

Tigger_1979

hmmm well I found some nice walkie talkie, reasonable range, nice cheap price, with a charger unit and long(ish) battery life

You can get these from Argos at the moment for £20

http://www.magicboxp...o_way_radio.htm

I want the yellow ones

But no where has them in stock :o

Anyone recommend others, reasonable battery life, long range, and a form of recharging them? as the prague trip will flatten on each trip.

Edited by Tigger_1979

I have two I got from freecycle and they are usually total pants.... NTL TWR500. Got a pair - look like this. But in my experience of using them, they are very crackly and lots of background interference.....

ntl.JPG

Can CB radios and 2-way radios pick up each other? Is it as long as they both use the same frequency/channel?

Then anyone can get a CB radio and if you don't want the extra arial you can get a 2-way radio.

CB and PMR are on diffrent frequences and power and not interchangeable

Euro spec PMR's are limited to .5w personal use

You also get US PMR's which run on a diffrent frequency and a bit more powerfull but are ilegal in Europe

CB and PMR are on diffrent frequences and power and not interchangeable

Euro spec PMR's are limited to .5w personal use

You also get US PMR's which run on a diffrent frequency and a bit more powerfull but are ilegal in Europe

I hoping we could all get UK CB's! lol.... good range (4watt) and legal....

thanks for pointing out the US ones with the longer range are illegal in europe, loads for sale cheap on ebay from the USA....

are we just going for the normal UK ones then that can and jason already have? that would seem most sensible...

Excited! Need more people to confirm attendance! Lol. Can we buy tram tickets from the hotel like the other year? That was handy. How long did they last for? I've forgotten!

I'm getting excited too. In three weeks in the Autumn I am not in country for over 2 weeks (counting Wales as an other country :D)

I need to stock up on AAA batteries as each of my walkie talkies takes 4....

1. Tigger and Paige + 2

2. Gilly, Wibble + 2

3. Sharkrider, Black and White, Can & Softscoop

4. Devontopia +1

5. Loz +1

6. skud vrs and Leanne

Who else can I add to the list, and has everyone on this list sorted hotels and ferry (or plane flight for the lazy few :p)

Oh, and by the way, my mate and I are now joining the "from Tigger's pad" convoy - looked at options and decided may as well just try and catch some sleep on ferry, and thats that :D

So the cars we have confirmed so far are:

1. Tigger and Paige + 2 (Mk1 Fabia vRS)

2. Gilly, Wibble + 2 (Mk2 Superb 4x4 TDI)

3. Sharkrider, Black and White, Can & Softscoop (Mk2 Fabia vRS)

4. Devontopia +1 (Mk1 Fabia Mongrel Highly Tuned)

5. Loz +1 (in a plane)

6. skud vrs and Leanne (Mk1 Octy VRS)

Ok we need a Mk2 Octy VRS petrol and Deisel, Mk1 Superb, Roomster, Yeti and a Citigo.

Plus anyone who has the gutts to bring anything older :D

Ok we need a Mk2 Octy VRS petrol and Deisel, Mk1 Superb, Roomster, Yeti and a Citigo.

Plus anyone who has the gutts to bring anything older :D

You can count my Octavia 2.0TDi 4x4 and caravan if you want :giggle: .

Staying at Camping Praha, Klonovice (just outside Prague) 7 nights September 10th -17th, then 6 nights in Germany on the way back. Hoping to visit Skoda museum and factory on the 13th.

Edited by Yorkshire

• 2 weeks later...

Wibble and I have decided to pull out of this, mainly because of my back problems, I don't think I will be able to do the full stint in the car.

1. Tigger and Paige + 2 (Mk1 Fabia vRS)

2. Sharkrider, Black and White, Can & Softscoop (Mk2 Fabia vRS)

3. Devontopia +1 (Mk1 Fabia Mongrel Highly Tuned)

4. Loz +1 (in a plane)

5. skud vrs and Leanne (Mk1 Octy VRS)

I thought you didnt book them for Germany, Jason.

Shame the Gillywibble Mobile cant make the trip, would have been a great trip with you both there.

I got some rearranging myself to do for this trip, but am going to keep my fingers crossed until 23rd so wont make any changes just yet.

Also has anyone been able to get in contact with SkodaHome.cz?

I thought you didnt book them for Germany, Jason.

Ah, I have booked 5 doubles/twins. Are they still all being occupied? :D

I will try to get on to Skodahome.cz. I have an account on there

Have confirmed Doksy meet is on, on the 15/16 September, so I presume like last year we will all go down on the Sunday and have a little "The British Invasion" clubstand. Wonder if I can bring along the Briskoda banner? :D

• Like 1