H7 55w OSRAM Night Breaker Plus

Any one currently using these in the projector lens headlight fittings of a Fabia FL (non curve projector) :wonder:

If so are they a noticeable improvement over the standard gloom ahead :wonder:

Many thanks,

TP

I use these. Definite improvement. The lights are now adequate rather than dire.....

Not the H7's TP but I do have a pair of their H4's on the yeti.

Very noticeable difference from OE bulbs.

Brighter, more defined light output.

There have been some comments elsewhere regarding longevity but I think they relate to the older Nightbreaker bulbs rather than the newer Plus derivative.

So far, I am very pleased with them. Time will tell how long they last?

I have Philips Extreme in dipped beam and Nightbreaker Plus in main beam.

They are both an impoprvement over OEM - used Philips before with excellent results and durability. The Nightbreakers I've used before have suffered from poor durability hence I've only got them in main beam.

Thanks for all the replies so far; much appreciated.

Ordered a pair of the nightbreaker + from fleebay; noticeably cheaper than the Philips equivalent :wonder:

My sons Fabia I has blown an H7 bulb, so I intend to fit these to our Fabia II and use the existing bulbs to get his fixed. Seems daft that the standard lights on the Mk I are noticeably better than it's replacement.

TP

Waste of time IMO.

Tried EVERY bulb in the world. Just get genuine Philips HIDs. Job done. With projectors they are perfect. They have a great pattern that DOES NOT dazzle at all.

Cheers Seb.

For me i would have loved to see Xenons on the options list and electrically foldable mirrors.

It does seem from this post and many others over the past year or so loads would have paid extra to have Xenons..

Any one from SKODA listening ?????????

Are you in Australia? I cant find them on the UK site.

LOL ! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Philips have factories worldwide.

China, Australia, Hong Kong etc were the rules involving HID are different to that in the UK, hence why Philips UK have no HIDs on their site.

The thing to be aware of is fake HID kits that are sold without the 14 digit checkable authenticity label. They usually sell for about £80-£100

The 'genuine' ones that have the label are around £150-£170. Not to be confused with cheap HID kits, with the greatest of respect to the guys that have fitted them of course. I believe some of them are really good value, I just wanted to go for Philips.

Waste of time IMO.

Tried EVERY bulb in the world. Just get genuine Philips HIDs. Job done. With projectors they are perfect. They have a great pattern that DOES NOT dazzle at all.

Agreed they are the best option for light but unfortunately they are illegal, an mot failure and possible insurance issues.You need to fit OEM Xenons, headlight washers and auto level system to be legal. Many forces including South Yorks and Nott's have been having a enforcement drive recently. One officer on one of the TV shows currently on TV actually stated if the insurance company classes the mod as an illegal non-declared modification then the insurance would be invalid and the car could be siezed.

I have Osram Nightbreaker Plus in the Passat projectors, yes they make an improvemment and have been fitted for 5 months. The Passat headlights are on all the time as the headlights are on at 88% brightness for DRL's during daylight. Seem to be lasting OK up to know.

Cheers

Lee

Bulbs at last turned up today 4 days by 1st class Royal Slow Mail :S

Fitted after a slight faff; not the best bulb retaining design by Mr. Hella is it :smirk: Would not want to be changing one of those on a stormy night by the side of the road :no:

Now just need some dark to see if the effort was worth it or not :wonder:

TP

Agreed they are the best option for light but unfortunately they are illegal, an mot failure and possible insurance issues.You need to fit OEM Xenons, headlight washers and auto level system to be legal. Many forces including South Yorks and Nott's have been having a enforcement drive recently. One officer on one of the TV shows currently on TV actually stated if the insurance company classes the mod as an illegal non-declared modification then the insurance would be invalid and the car could be siezed.

Cheers

Lee

Yes, they will be looking for the idiots who fit them to standard halogen lenses which obviously scatter the light and blind everyone on the road, good, I'm glad of that. I have no worries at all insofar as my insurance goes.

You cannot see any difference whatsoever with projectors fitted with Philips HIDs.

The law would have to randomly stop motorists that 'look' as if they have HID fitted with the hope that they will see headlamp washers fitted .... It's all an absolute nonesense.

Maybe they should concentrate on pulling motorists that have defective lighting, 1 headlamp, completely misaligned beams, no brake lights, not putting any lights on at dusk or in poor visibility, driving about with fog lamps on ...... etc, etc, etc.

If you believe the above will happen to you, then stick to the Lottery. There's a better chance of getting that emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

1329415380[/url]' post='2689029']

Yes, they will be looking for the idiots who fit them to standard halogen lenses which obviously scatter the light and blind everyone on the road, good, I'm glad of that. I have no worries at all insofar as my insurance goes.

You cannot see any difference whatsoever with projectors fitted with Philips HIDs.

The law would have to randomly stop motorists that 'look' as if they have HID fitted with the hope that they will see headlamp washers fitted .... It's all an absolute nonesense.

Maybe they should concentrate on pulling motorists that have defective lighting, 1 headlamp, completely misaligned beams, no brake lights, not putting any lights on at dusk or in poor visibility, driving about with fog lamps on ...... etc, etc, etc.

If you believe the above will happen to you, then stick to the Lottery. There's a better chance of getting that emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Johnny I agree with all above, however illeagal they still are just watch out the rozzers are on it emoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gif