forthbridge meet 26th

jessica_rabbit

Wishing you a good meet tomorrow, didn't think I was going to be able to make it, new grand daughter, new great niece and work are apparently more important than my second Brisky meet, pfft.

I will be along to this meet this afternoon. Will be good to see everyone again and meet new folks.

I will be at Showcase for 1pm.

Just need to clean this white thing now. Haha.

I completely forgot about this! I even drove past SQ at around 11 o'clock this morning, thought about parking up to take some photos, then didn't because I was going back there later. Then I got home and forgot ....

Hope you found a space and that it was a good meet!

This was the first meet i attended and was made welcome by everone i talked to ...pity we could not get parking spaces at SQ the place was mobbed, I have never seen it as busy .Ended up at FB car park but moved from there to Tesco as there was so many cars turned up .

Sorry i cannot remember all your names .I did sugest going along to the new transport musuem for a meet as there is plenty of space in the public car park and entrance is free to the musuem and tea rooms and toilets are available .

Would be best to contact a Rebecca Wood first to check it does not clash with other clubs as it is a very popular place.

Brian

PS I was the senior one there in the 1.2 TSI :hi:

• Like 2

Glad you enjoyed your first meet kitchens,we have a good mixture of members who will chat on anything related to Skoda cars and other matters as well?????Good attendance today,great to see you all again after the winter break.Great to see Andy Waugh in such good form & back in good health in a proper car!!!

Some of us were discussing a Bonneville engined conversion to our cars,power to weight ratio would certainly be an incentive for me as a featherweight!!!!!

Looking forward to March meet already.

Good to see everybody today, Bloody good turn out too. :thumbup:

Andy, Good to see you've come back to the fold. B)

Brian, Good call on the T.port museum, We'll definitely need to look into that as a venue!

Just an observation, We, As a group, Were definitely more civilised than the VX bunch! :D

Couple of Pics from today not the nicely framed by the bridges ones hoped for.

img088ry.jpg

meet1c.jpg

And If my calculations are right thats 16 skoda's and 1 sab and an Alfa making for 18 car's at the meet

My first meet aswell was expecting more "tartan rugs" and bunnit wearers smoking pipes, being a skods meet :giggle: but was pretty good and some smart cars.... Especially compared to the vauxhall crew across the road

Was a great turnout today :thumbup: good effort from everyone...........Also good to have Mr. W back in the fold again ;)

And the only time the car was clean n no one got a piccy of it lol lol

Roll on the next meet.............................never know, we MIGHT even come along ;)

It was great to be back out and about. Thanks to all for the welcome back. :)

Nice to see some new faces aswell and get a chat. Will get round everyone next time.

Now that im back on my feet again, I will get the meets changed up a bit, and try and sort out a few runs and more RR days if anyone is interested. Just to get more together.

Also looking at doing something Nationally to get everyone in Scotland involved. Will discuss this with people over the next few meets.

Hi there

I am Stuart and i am the Regional Orginiser for Astra Owners Club (scottish region)

I would like to personally appologise to your club for the actions and behaviour of some of our members on Sunday while at our monthly meet.

I personally was not there although it has been brought to my attention that "said individuals" we acting like stupid little children, playing loud music and reving there cars.

I would like to take this opertunity to point out that this is NOT the normal conduct of AOC meets nor do we accept that type of behaviour at any event or meet arranged by AOC.

Once again sorry for there actions. The people involved are being located and action will be taken to prevent this for happening again.

Cheers

stu

• Like 1

Thanks for that Stu :thumbup:

tbh it wasn't annoying any of us in any way, on fact we had a bit of a chuckle at one of your members, with as you said, his childish actions and looks.

by all mean if both clubs are there again at the same time, come over and say hello, we only drive Skoda's and SOME of us ain't THAT contagious (wee Craig lol) :rofl:;)

Davie

Thanks Stu,

Echoing Dave's post, No harm done!

Just glad Tesco's management/Police didn't get involved, Not that it was that serious an issue.

But it could've rendered that venue unusable in the future, And it's difficult enough to find venues where you're welcomed/tolerated and are convenient enough for members travelling any distance to meet!

Edited by Mike B

Love to know what your member posted about us and was subsequently taken down! ;)

that would explain why when i had a look to see if there was anything said about us i couldnt find anything.

im guessing it would have featured a few skoda jokes :giggle:

i see you lot dont half love a bodykit stu :notme: