whose getting stage 2 Shark today then

vRSy

Can't believe they're at Shark getting Stage 2 and they don't belong to this forum :o

hello there i have to hold my hand up and say that's my little baby ,i all ready had a shark map on the car but at the time i had no intake and there was a slight problem with taking the de - cat out which was solved a week later .

so with a few posts going around saying that the shark map may have some problems thought it would be a good i dear to ring ben and ask him about my car .so he invited me down to see him and have a chat and at the same time get my de -cat done which is what i have had done today its a 260 mile round trip for me which i can say was so worth it ben explained and showed me the map that was on my car which had nothing on it no massive requests for boost just a nice curve on the dyno graphs

,after the de -cat was done ben asked me if it would be ok for him and mikka hope that's how you spell the nice guys name to work on the car on the dyno to get it right for the intake and de cat off course i said sure then well over 4 hours or more later they were happy with the final map on my car i was taken back by the attention to detail they have when tuning and they were doing this in there time not getting paid for it which i thought was the best customer service i think i have ever had the final result was 215.2hp /364nm

and once again they showed me all the the graphs showing how it was mapped and all well in the engines and turbo safe capacity and the car is so smooth but goes like stink,

it was good on the first map but now i have had the full stage 2 it is a proper giggle and weapon ,

i would like to thank ben and all his staff for the great chilled out day i have had it was spot on learn t a lot and it was a fun journey but even more fun on the way back had the biggest grin on my face all the way home

,if there is anybody in the north east of England and would like to see what a stage 2 car is like send us a private message and may be able to meet some were .that's the end of my waffle just once again a big thank you to ben and staff for a great day and making a great car in to a very special pocket rocket cheers :thumbup:

Glad you have had your car sorted properly. Id be confident you would be safe with your map now, theres no way they would do what they did to me again as it would completely discredit them.

your figures are 10hp/50NM above mine. Guess thats dyno lottery or they did a much better job on yours than they did mine :dull:

img004.jpg

Glad you have had your car sorted properly. Id be confident you would be safe with your map now, theres no way they would do what they did to me again as it would completely discredit them.

your figures are 10hp/50NM above mine. Guess thats dyno lottery or they did a much better job on yours than they did mine :dull:

img004.jpg

hello sy there was nothing wrong with it the first time it got mapped i saw the dyno read outs before any work was carried out on her .

hope you get your flying machine sorted out soon see how far you can get her before it melts lol :thumbup:

II saved it from getting melted :thumbup:

What i meant by safe map now, wasnt your previous setup, but that you wouldnt have the setup i had. Judging by the FB post the actual boost level is the same as mine was

What did yours make stage 1, presume it was today?

img004.jpg

The previous run to your 205hp graph was 211.1, but the torque was incorrectly displayed due to the dyno being calibrated to a different gear to the one used for the run. Yours was run in summer, this one in winter, 4hp can easily be lost or gained there so I'd say both were pretty much on par with each other :thumbup:

The previous run to your 205hp graph was 211.1, but the torque was incorrectly displayed due to the dyno being calibrated to a different gear to the one used for the run. Yours was run in summer, this one in winter, 4hp can easily be lost or gained there so I'd say both were pretty much on par with each other :thumbup:

Is that not why the dyno sensors take temperature and air pressure so it can apply a correction factor, which removes any seasonal variation? I appreciate its not perfect and only a calculation.

Is that not why the dyno sensors take temperature and air pressure so it can apply a correction factor, which removes any seasonal variation? I appreciate its not perfect and only a calculation.

Yes it is, it makes the results as comparable as possible. Looking back at the graphs the difference in raw data (captured WHP) between your car in August and he car today is 0.8WHP.

:thumbup:

The day the UK moves to pure Whp the better.

Hope you well :thumbup:

Aye, you know what the American forums are like.. They don't listen to anything else!

I'm getting there thanks for asking.. Positively cackIng myself but this time next week it'll all be over, and I'll be on the road to recovery. That can only be a positive thing :thumbup: