Columbus

bill2

Hi guys i am having a bit of trouble with skoda they are saying the Columbus will take 2-4 minutes to start up{.from the first start in the morning}

the Columbus in my last superb did not take this long. can i ask all you guys out there to tell me exactly how long your unit takes from start to finish please.

i can then print this off and show them this to try to sort this out.

thanks. ps for the rest of the day it starts within 30 sec

bill

From switching on, through "Welcome on Board" screen, to music is <10 seconds. If I then immediately press "Nav" I get the "Navigation Starting Up" message, then around 10 seconds later I'm ready to enter a destination. By this time my mobile is also paired and ready to use. At any other time, Nav is available instantly.

Ray

From switching on, through "Welcome on Board" screen, to music is <10 seconds. If I then immediately press "Nav" I get the "Navigation Starting Up" message, then around 10 seconds later I'm ready to enter a destination. By this time my mobile is also paired and ready to use. At any other time, Nav is available instantly.

Ray

+1, timed my today and almost identical timings ......

Ray

+1 After this initial start up time any other start up even after parking for a few hours gives almost instant Nav.

thanks for the replys guys, if you can keep them coming i need as many as possible to take to skoda .

i tried mine this morning from first start in the morning took at least 3 minutes thats after getting it back from skoda and them saying it started just as quick as the two new ones they had in the showroom.

bill

In the morning my Columbus can take up to about a minute, sometimes longer before becoming fully active (for nav, changing music tracks etc). I have about 50% of the HDD full of music, a DVD in the drive and a 2GB memory card in the slot - I wonder if what's in the head unit has any bearing on this? June 2010 Columbus with whatever software was on it when new.

Ray

Pretty much spot on with mine also :thumbup:

Ray

+1, less than a minute,